News:

Main Menu

Publisher

Started by jimking, March 25, 2015, 12:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

I have the Publisher to InDesign conversion plug-in as well, if that helps...

It's a pretty good time-saver, but far from fool-proof (as I've discovered).

It would spit out a CS4 InDesign file, if you can work with that.

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Tracy

jimking

Thanks everyone for the help. I received so many changes I decided to just redesign the menu. Brought the text in from Publisher and ran with it. A photographer is going to take shots of their grub, place, add a couple of effects and that's that.

Farabomb

How'd you convince them to do it the right way?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

stick a gun to their head?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DCurry

Quote from: Farabomb on April 03, 2015, 08:51:50 AMHow'd you convince them to do it the right way?

By doing it for free.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

jimking

When our salesman first brought the job in for me to look at, seeing how crowded the pages were in addition to all the corrections and many additions, I told him from the start this job has to be redesigned in order to just add the additions let alone the looks of this ugly crowded menu. This was a 6 page 8.5x14 menu, Now its 8 pages.

Farabomb

Quote from: DCurry on April 03, 2015, 09:53:26 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 03, 2015, 08:51:50 AMHow'd you convince them to do it the right way?

By doing it for free.

Sadly, you are probably correct.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

jimking

Not for free. The owner of the restaurant placed a $1500 deposit. Like most restaurants, the print count is low, this is a copy job not offset, so the costs will not be over the top for some, which in many cases compels the printer to take a prepress hit.

wonderings

Seeing as there is no easy way to convert and they do not want to spend the money on something that can convert, what is the issue? Just tell them it will take X amount of hours to reset and format so it is print ready. They can then decide if the job is worth it to them or not.