Barcode plug-in for Indesign

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, May 28, 2015, 09:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Up to our neck in barcode problems this week :drunk3:

New request from customer: within the variable print we do for mailing letters, we need to produce variable bar codes (not sure what type so the variety in the plug-in should be extensive) that link to another number.

Anyone dealt with a similar challenge?

pspdfppdfxhd

oh yeah, and apparently it should be cheap.... almost free ya know

mwc

Just use a barcode font for the variable type box. Make sure you format the number properly (some formats need an "*" before and after the code (i.e. *123456789*)

pspdfppdfxhd

Ear

It is that easy. I have a USPS font for postal smart barcodes.

Still haven't seen a plugin for creating UPC barcodes... that would be sweet.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

pspdfppdfxhd

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

The site has a lot of downloads. Scroll down and you will see both AFP and NON-AFP fonts. Go for the AFP, unless you're still using Pagemaker or something.

pspdfppdfxhd

thanks.

Really? Still using Pagemaker? I know you think Canadians are a bit backward, but Pagemaker? :drunk3:

Ear

I received a Pagemaker PDF just last week. :drunk3:

Joe

Quote from: Ear on May 28, 2015, 03:46:07 PMI received a Pagemaker PDF just last week. :drunk3:

A PageMaker PDF wouldn't be too bad. I received a PageMaker document last week with TypeStyler 2.0 links in it. :'(
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

TypeStyler was the bomb back in the day!

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on May 29, 2015, 07:14:02 AM
Quote from: Ear on May 28, 2015, 03:46:07 PMI received a Pagemaker PDF just last week. :drunk3:

wow, where do you live? Bora Bora?
A PageMaker PDF wouldn't be too bad. I received a PageMaker document last week with TypeStyler 2.0 links in it. :'(

pspdfppdfxhd

oy, ipad madnes on that reply, sorry

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on May 29, 2015, 12:21:31 PM
Quote from: Joe on May 29, 2015, 07:14:02 AM
wow, where do you live? Bora Bora?

I wish!

[attachimg=1 width=300]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.