APPLE KEYBOARD

Started by Skryber, February 17, 2010, 02:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youston

Quote from: Skryber on February 17, 2010, 03:29:38 PM
Quote from: Earendil on February 17, 2010, 03:28:25 PMI crashed and burned skiing while filming with a hand-held video camera.  :laugh: :embarrassed: DOH! It FUBARd the camera.

That's exactly how I spilled on my keyboard.  :laugh:

Well, see? Serves you right! EVERYONE knows that you shouldn't prepress while skiing ... well, NOW everyone does.  :laugh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Try what I said before you give it up. I have successfully gotten it to work. All the above make good points, but what do you have to lose? Although water is very conductive, it's the sticky soda and juice drinks that render a keyboard totally useless. Don't use it anymore until you thoroughly dry it.
Member #285 - Civilian

jimking

I've gone through a few keyboards and mice from smashing my cordless mouse into my keyboard several times over frustrations with online games. Getting all flustered because 10 year old kids kicking my ass on Unreal Tournament.  :laugh:
eBay is where I purchased my used keyboards.

born2print

That's a good tip! My machine at home is a PC notebook, my wife's in fact, so I always hook up a USB keyboard for gaming so I don't hammer the notebook  :cool:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Ear

That's a good thing since you like doing shot-put with your cell phones, you brute.  :police:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Skryber

It wouldn't be a problem if it was a PC keyboard. Those are dime a dozen. I get them for dirt cheap at the computer shows. You'll never find cheap new Apple stuff.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Ear

Quote from: Skryber on February 17, 2010, 04:05:34 PMYou'll never find cheap new Apple stuff.

And their stuff is expensive too.  :tongue:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

PC keyboards will work you'll just loose the eject key. I spilled a bigfoot on my nice light-up expensive keyboard and while a few keys are sticky it still worked... until I got pissed enough to buy another expensive light-up keyboard.  :laugh: I took a look at MC and damn the Mac ones are expensive.

I've killed a few work phones. Killed one cell because of work. That one took 5 different trips to the wall, the 6th one did it in. There is no way I'm throwing my BB across the room thou.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

Thanks guys. Jimking, that 1st one is "the one." Free shipping. And that is the exact keyboard I broke. I loved that keyboard.  :grin:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

I got it today and the space bar, numberpad "0", some of the arrows and I think a few other buttons don't work. Looks like good condition though. The guy refunded my money and told me to toss the keyboard. He had a few so I asked if he could exchange it but they're all gone.  :cry:

Joe

Yeah that's the problem with used keyboards. People usually get rid of them for a reason. At least you got your money back though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.