5%-spot color not printable?

Started by Made in Taiwan, September 05, 2014, 01:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Unless you're getting a file from some that posts here, assume you're dealing with a blood sausage.

One place I get files from has a prepress department. They mainly deal with line copy financial work. Throw them a cover that has more than a logo and some type and watch their heads spin. It's a 1s 4c job? I'll get a 5c 2s PDF. 1c 1s? I'll get a 4c RGB black file not to size. Then they will complain it's not "centered" correctly. I take the shit, not to size file and center it, as you asked. you want it in a different position? You do it and send me a correct file.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Quote from: Made in Taiwan on September 09, 2014, 01:57:58 AMSometimes you cannot think as stupid as people do... These days I am thinking about get myself enrolled at a graphic designer school and listen to what kind of crap they teach the students there - in that case I might be able to understand the way they prep their files.

I can tell you with some certainty what they teach design students these days - it's all web design. That's why they're lost when it comes to printing.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

From some of the sites I've seen, they are lost when it comes to web design as well.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Made in Taiwan

That being said, I'm looking forward to my new project. One of our clients told me that he's going to ask his friend, who is a web designer, to do the design for a large format print. Sounds like it's gonna be fun again...
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Actually, I have heard rumors that those large, billboard sized format, print in RGB at 72 dpi.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway