Suggestions for a new Mac

Started by Bakerman, March 18, 2015, 01:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Ohhhhh boy!!!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Tell us all about it, don't leave anything out!! :laugh:

Tracy

the new magic mouse plugs in at the bottom for recharge
isn't this weird? The charge lasts a very long time but you can't use the mouse when it's charging.

great weekend guys!!

Slappy

Thought that was odd too, guess the idea is to pay attention to the recharge warning & plug it in overnight. I'm not 100% sold on it yet (love my Logitech MX too much!) but it's pretty responsive, I just need some more buttons to assign shortcuts.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

So the new mouse doesn't have batteries to change...or charge if you use rechargeable ones?

Slappy

Nope, guess it's encased in a shiny white tomb.

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on February 06, 2016, 06:20:30 PMNope, guess it's encased in a shiny white tomb.

So when it won't take a charge anymore it's time to get a new mouse I guess.

Tracy

The USB cord is exactly the one that comes with the iPad and newer iPhones
so worst case I can plug my mouse into my adapter, 
since I don't leave my computer on overnight I'm pretty sure it won't charge overnight.

and I do have 2 iMacs, I can't tell you what a stress reliever having a backup computer is, 
I have exactly the same everything on them, it's been fun making them identical!! :laugh:

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on February 08, 2016, 03:02:55 PMThe USB cord is exactly the one that comes with the iPad and newer iPhones
so worst case I can plug my mouse into my adapter,
since I don't leave my computer on overnight I'm pretty sure it won't charge overnight.
So I did some *gasp* reading! And it seems that:

"...the mouse can get nine hours' worth of battery life in about two minutes."  :shocked: I think the Fully Charged life of the mouse is supposed to last 2 months, unsure of how many hours a day they take into account.

Oh, I also discovered today that any job I send from the new Mac to the DI machine fails. Horribly & without exception. Funny, I was pretty sure I grabbed the right driver from Xerox too.

Tracy

wow, the mouse does last a long time, but didn't realize that long! Thanks Slappy!
yeah took me awhile to get the right drivers setup for our docucolor and BW copier
kept trying and trying and finally got a good one from efi for the color.

El Capitan is all new for everything!!

Farabomb

I have a logitech trackball that lasts almost a year on one AA battery. It's amazing how efficient they are.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

And a new exploit is discovered. Might want to check through the list linked in this article to see if you have any of the offending apps. I see Carbon Copy Cloner is one.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/02/huge-number-of-mac-apps-vulnerable-to-hijacking-and-a-fix-is-elusive/
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Slappy

Quote from: Slappy on February 08, 2016, 09:02:53 PMOh, I also discovered today that any job I send from the new Mac to the DI machine fails. Horribly & without exception. Funny, I was pretty sure I grabbed the right driver from Xerox too.
Yeesh, got that all worked out at last. no drivers yet for 10.11, had to use the 10.10 install & tweak it a little bit.  :shoots_self:

Slappy

Oh, and if anybody needs anything backsaved...

:hello:  :death: