Xerox Versant 2100?

Started by gtrev, September 11, 2014, 12:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtrev

Had a demo last week for this machine - we are in the process of updating a Konica Bizhub CS650 - I was kind of impressed with the print quality and build of the machine - anyone else had a look?
What proof?

wonderings

I will just hop in this thread rather then create a new one. We had a new Versant 2100 installed last week to replace our problematic J75. One of the big things we love is that we can run envelopes. I ran 1,000 #10 window envelopes (these are standard non digital envelopes) with zero jams in full colour. There was some very slight wrinkling on the window, but everything else was perfect. I like the stock library that is used now, keeps track of all the stocks you use with their profiles and alignments, makes life simpler in my opinion. It is very fast and so far very consistent, though time will tell. Our J75 was great for the first month and then it was nothing but problems for the next 11 months.

The print quality is good, it has a more matte look and no gloss mode like the DC260 and the C/J75 has. The Versant 2100 uses a belt fuser, which is shifting as it moves, so should be better when going back and forth between different stock sizes. I was always replacing and changing the fusers on our J75, got to be very annoying, especially when I needed a new one and it was a service call, not a consumable part that could be ordered.

gtrev

Well we ended up putting one in as well. Pretty happy with the machine so far & it's great to be able to dial in fusing temperatures front to back along with alignment profiles in the Stock Library manager. The machine can get a little bit messy up the top of the drum units, hence the little cleaning wand you have to use sometimes on the laser windows. We got one with a high capacity stacker and saddle stitch booklet maker with forage trimmer - quite a productive setup and we have also put envelopes thru with good results.
What proof?