How easy/difficult is it to set up a new plate size in DynaStrip?

Started by Fontaholic, August 26, 2015, 08:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Fontaholic

Well, the other place's printing plates arrived today -- so far, so good...

Naturally the pressman had a backhanded compliment: "Hey -- look at this! No scum buildup like on the plates you used to run..."

Asshat.

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Farabomb

My AGFA clean out unit does that as well when it's toward the end of the cube. The main pressman just cleans it after hanging the plate. The operator that run the press sometimes... you would think I raped his wife and threatened his life if the plate isn't perfectly clean. We yell for a bit then he goes and cleans it off after he hangs the plate.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

Well, the tech's been to the new plate shop and programmed in our two plate sizes for them, so hopefully everything goes smoothly now...

:rotf:

Cheers,

Farabomb

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

Quote from: Farabomb on September 02, 2015, 09:01:56 AMI'm sure it will.

You're fucked.

I'm glad YOU'RE sure!

Guess I'd better go check the condom and lube selection in the meantime...

Cheers,

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

Quote from: Farabomb on September 02, 2015, 09:51:52 AMHighlight the bottom of that post.  ;D

It's like I'm psychic or something!

(Probably "something"...)

Cheers,

Fontaholic

Have I told you guys the latest?

The place that's been running our plates for us, ran out of the larger size plate we use.

Rather than order more of the correct size plate, Da Boss decides we'll just go back to using the output company's plates (which are larger and wider than the ones we use).

This means that in order to get the positioning my pressman wants, the platemaker has to be "tricked" into running our jobs on bigger/wider plates while still using the profile for our smaller plates. (Does this explanation even make sense??)

Consequently, we get plates where the artwork is approx. 1/2" to 5/8" off center, and the pressman has to trim the plates down so the artwork is centered...

Cheers,

Farabomb

Minority engineering.

Why do it right when you can fuck it all up.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

As long as it is the pressman that has to cut them down I don't see a problem with this method. :evil:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

I run plates for a couple of small shops and the occasional newspaper that has the platesetter die. They never have the exact same size so they end up cutting plates. i try to imposition their plate size to one corner and add trim marks so they only have to cut 2 edges. My platesetter is too big to even load a GTO plate... I have a couple of GTO shops that cut from my Heid SORKZ plate 21x24".

Once, a local paper lost their RIP for a couple days and I ran over 100 plates for their daily runs. They didn't want to mess with cutting so we told them we could use one of our paper cutters and charge them for a blade sharpening. They were okay with that, so we just reserved one cutter for plates for a couple days. Still not fun cutting metal plates on the paper cutter. Leaves some scary edges.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black