News:

Main Menu

dot shape in xmf

Started by kirami, April 27, 2016, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirami

How to change the dot shape in xmf? I can't select the round shape but instead the elliptical 50/70 Please help.

frailer

Our XMF's about 2 years behind. This is the only drop-down we have.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

Quote from: kirami on April 27, 2016, 08:57:05 PMHow to change the dot shape in xmf? I can't select the round shape but instead the elliptical 50/70 Please help.
Are you trying to change it for one job or a global change for all jobs? You could set up a different screen set if it is just a one off.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

kirami

Attach is our xmf i cannot change the primary screen even if i change  in the screening option

Diddler

The way I would do that is through Colour Path.  This will make it a global change on every job.

kirami

Quote from: Diddler on April 28, 2016, 12:34:45 AMThe way I would do that is through Colour Path.  This will make it a global change on every job.
how??

Tracy

Do you have a contract with Fuji? they can do it for you.

I was looking at my settings like your screen shot, and that doesn't represent
the screen my XMF is using. 

You can see in the Job Log what screen XMF is using when you render a job
and see if it matches what your seeing in the screening window.

Not sure but I think you have to use Color Path like Diddler was saying.

Farabomb

I know that Kodak charges for different dot shapes. Maybe Fuji does as well?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I don't think they charge extra for shapes but they do for different types like stochastic, etc...
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I have maxtone and staccato for type options. A whole bunch of options under the screen system and 10 different shapes.

As far as the OP's question, Euclidean is a square/round hybrid. That's why there is a 50/70 option. I see in frailer's system there is a square option in the drop down. Maybe you have to change it to square, save it, reopen and then maybe the square options are available.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

This is the screen I have, It's the Fuji Co res dot

Diddler

Hi Kirami,  I would also recommend as Tracey said, to get in contact with your local Fuji rep and get them to change your settings. If you are unfamiliar with the whole XMF setup this would be by far the easiest option. If you have a service agreement with them, which I'm assuming you do, just give them a call and they will come change it for you.

Lyzan

Select the <BROWSE> button and you will be presented by different screening installed or generated in your system. There are two locations where you can do this. The first one is from your screen shot <job settings>. The second one is in the workflow item <Plates> if you are printing direct to plate.
If there is no ROUND in your system, this means it is not generated. You can generate it using a program called something like Calibration Manager not the Colorpath. BUT, XMF has FFQS convetional screening pre-installed. You should be able to see it when your click the BROWSE button.

Lyzan

oops, sorry I did not saw your second screenshot. You will not be able to change that. If you want 200lpi, round, click <BROWSE>, and select the appropriate screening you wanted. Elliptical 50/70 is a custom generated screen. You can create ROUND in the Calibration Manager. Browse first and look for FFQS conventional screening.