News:

Main Menu

Disapearing Images

Started by Farabomb, April 09, 2014, 11:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

I know I barely have room for color bars :laugh:

Farabomb

This first ran on 19x25, head to head, short side to the gripper. Ghosted horribly.

Now it's 35x38, long side to the gripper, setback 5 in. to hopefully mitigate the hedi stripe. We still don't know if it will work. We are having custom ink made with less transparent white and a drawdown is going to the customer. They run the job on silk, proof it on gloss and the customer wants it to match the proof. Yea, that's not going to happen genius. You specced silk, it's not going to be glossy.

3x custy Ok's monday with this woman that's "new" to the printing world. This is going to be fun.  :shoots_self:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

we feel your pain, sheesh

DigiCorn

charge them for a spot gloss varnish
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Quote from: Tracy on April 10, 2014, 04:09:17 PMHi Born! You should make your plan B being a teacher
:laugh: :wink:

Quote from: frailer on April 10, 2014, 07:28:25 PMWe rarely have the luxury of sheet room to compensate. I sometimes have to give them 2 sets. Take out the page causing the ghosting. Plate. Then replace it, and 'Replace with Blank Pages' in XMF for the 1st three. Plate.
At least it's simple to do. Just glad it doesn't happen more often than it does.
Yes, splitting to 2-hits works great! When we do this it's usually at our expense though "shop convenience"
Which is cool because it's waaaay cheaper than running 3 times and losing a customer  :grin:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?