News:

Main Menu

remove objects

Started by elko, April 10, 2014, 01:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elko

Hi

ive got a attached test.pdf and i need to make bleeds of grey rectangles. There are clipping pathes that are croping the rectangels. If I deleted them manualy the bleeds will be unmasked. So why doesnt work the attached "remove objects biger than 379 mm" action? Ive tried release the path and delete them but it influents another objects that are smaler than 379 ( "release masks and delete" action) .

Next way is add new rectangels in backround as I used as final.

Any idea?

DigiCorn

I'm not sure I understand the desired end-result. Why can you not use Pitstop's add bleed option, or manually select the mask and enlarge it?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

The first problem is that your action list "remove objects biger than 379 mm" is set to select objects smaller than 378.xxxx instead of bigger but changing it to > and it still doesn't work. I don't think it is considering clipping paths as objects. The only way I can get it to work is to have it select and delete all clipping paths which will most likely have undesirable results.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

That is one of the oddest-behaving CC PDFs I've seen. Or is it just me. I resaved it, selected a clipping path, and just as a starter tried Moving it to have a look. Didn't stay there, just 'disappeared' when I let the mouse go, jumped back.
Just me?   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

How were you trying to move it? With the mouse with the COMMAND key held down. If I re-save the PDF out of Acrobat XI and then try moving it it jumps back to the original spot for just a fraction of a second and then jumps back to the location I moved it to. It is kind of weird because it doesn't do that on the original.

frailer

Original or resave from XI the same. As soon as I let go it invisibly is back in original spot. Holding Cmd down doesn't do anything here. (that could be a PICNIC problem).  Also, no prompts to 'Do you want to save?' when closing.
Elko, you're not somewhere near Transylvania are you?   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

I can't move anything with my Pitstop selection tool unless I have the COMMAND key held down. Or use the actual move tool. But they both do the same thing for me. (jumps back to the original spot for just a fraction of a second and then jumps back to the location I moved it to)

elko

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 10, 2014, 08:16:19 AMI'm not sure I understand the desired end-result. Why can you not use Pitstop's add bleed option, or manually select the mask and enlarge it?

I dont know what Pitstop's add bleed option do you mean......yes manually it works, but if the PDF has 756 pages it is not so practical to make it manually....

Quote from: Joe

link=topic=8073.msg248633#msg248633 date=1397148328
The first problem is that your action list "remove objects biger than 379 mm" is set to select objects smaller than 378.xxxx instead of bigger but changing it to > and it still doesn't work. I don't think it is considering clipping paths as objects. The only way I can get it to work is to have it select and delete all clipping paths which will most likely have undesirable results.

it is one of strange behaving of my PitStop....when I modify the selection in the action "remove objects biger than 379 mm" and I set "more than or equal to" than I click somewhere out and than back to the selection action, my setting I made is blank....so I have to believe it is set right........it is one issue i dont understand if it is mystake only on my instalation....

yes remove clipping objects work but with one failure....covered crop marks will appear.......

Quote from: Joe on April 10, 2014, 08:06:42 PMHow were you trying to move it? With the mouse with the COMMAND key held down. If I re-save the PDF out of Acrobat XI and then try moving it it jumps back to the original spot for just a fraction of a second and then jumps back to the location I moved it to. It is kind of weird because it doesn't do that on the original.

what do you mean re-save out of Acro XI ?

Quote from: frailer on April 10, 2014, 08:38:56 PMOriginal or resave from XI the same. As soon as I let go it invisibly is back in original spot. Holding Cmd down doesn't do anything here. (that could be a PICNIC problem).  Also, no prompts to 'Do you want to save?' when closing.
Elko, you're not somewhere near Transylvania are you?   :undecided:

this behavnig is common in pdfs I get from customers
now I can manage it anyway and no problem...moving, scalling, rotating........
this is PDF made by Quite Imposing soft and the clipping object are made by the Quite

near Transylvania??..... could be.....Czech Republic central Europe......

Joe

Quote from: elko on April 10, 2014, 11:54:24 PM
Quote from: Joe on April 10, 2014, 10:45:28 AMThe first problem is that your action list "remove objects biger than 379 mm" is set to select objects smaller than 378.xxxx instead of bigger but changing it to > and it still doesn't work. I don't think it is considering clipping paths as objects. The only way I can get it to work is to have it select and delete all clipping paths which will most likely have undesirable results.

it is one of strange behaving of my PitStop....when I modify the selection in the action "remove objects biger than 379 mm" and I set "more than or equal to" than I click somewhere out and than back to the selection action, my setting I made is blank....so I have to believe it is set right........it is one issue i dont understand if it is mystake only on my instalation....

yes remove clipping objects work but with one failure....covered crop marks will appear.......

Quote from: Joe on April 10, 2014, 08:06:42 PMHow were you trying to move it? With the mouse with the COMMAND key held down. If I re-save the PDF out of Acrobat XI and then try moving it it jumps back to the original spot for just a fraction of a second and then jumps back to the location I moved it to. It is kind of weird because it doesn't do that on the original.

what do you mean re-save out of Acro XI ?

Your action works on images or textlines. Just not on clipping paths. I assume that Pitstop is not seeing clipping masks as objects.

re-save out of Acro XI means to do a Save As from Acrobat and save a new PDF.

frailer

Quote from: elko on April 10, 2014, 11:54:24 PMthis behaving is common in pdfs I get from customers
this is PDF made by Quite Imposing soft and the clipping object are made by the Quite

That explains something, by the looks.

Transylvania? Just being a bit silly.. looking for it misbehaving.. mystery, castles, stuff like that... If Quite software is causing it, then the Scots are to blame!   :laugh:

I think basic impo apps like Quite Imposing are not set up for PitStop tweaking after the event. Just a guess. I assume the way the file is coded for imposition.   :undecided:

elko

Quote from: frailer on April 11, 2014, 12:48:47 AM
Quote from: elko on April 10, 2014, 11:54:24 PMthis behaving is common in pdfs I get from customers

That explains something, by the looks.

Transylvania? Just being a bit silly.. looking for it misbehaving.. mystery, castles, stuff like that... If Quite software is causing it, then the Scots are to blame!   :laugh:

I think basic impo apps like Quite Imposing are not set up for PitStop tweaking after the event. Just a guess. I assume the way the file is coded for imposition.   :undecided:

Transylvanian feeling Ive getting quite offten  :grin:
uncle google say https://www.google.cz/maps/place/Transylvania+County/@35.1943547,-82.6228916,9z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x885a1d68214783df:0xa7b5a1ad0b9677fa :)  :homer:
thought it is only in Romanian
so it means SCOTS and AMI's are to blame  :wink:

Quite I use very offten......Pitstop is my right hand and Quite is left  :smiley:.......the pdf after Quite impo can be modify as well by my opinion......it makes the impo and add few clipping objects.......havent find any coding after the impo