trash indesign cc 2015 preferences??

Started by wonderings, August 27, 2015, 08:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I've come to the point where I don't want to rip my own face off every time I use it now. :rotf:

Seriously though...once you find where they hid everything and then change the preference to where that stupid home screen isn't in the way every time you close a PDF it isn't all that bad. And it is 64-bit so you will see a definite speed improvement over XI. However you still have the retina display issue to deal with. I don't. You would think Adobe would want to fix that soon but they don't seem to be too worried about it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on February 12, 2016, 09:31:53 AM
Quote from: wonderings on February 12, 2016, 09:23:21 AMI think the only downside to Indesign CC is the fact that you are now renting. Once you stop paying, you have ZERO software, not even last years version. I have been using Adobe CC now for 3 years, if I were to stop I would not get to keep CC 2014, I would be left with nothing.

It is really dumb and greedy on Adobes part, why not let us keep the old version, they are producing new versions so whats the big deal? Other then that though Indesign has been getting better. It is now a 64 bit app so can handle large files much much better. Now a whole lot of updates to the software, but it is pretty well rounded and featured, not even sure what I would add to it at this point.

Yeah when it first came out I swear Adobe was saying if you decide to stop you could keep the old version and you just wouldn't get updates in the future. Evidently either I dreamed that up or Adobe changed mid-stream. Basically if you stop paying you are locked out of your files forever unless you buy a convertor to whatever you change to. (Quark :puke: )

I had read that to on an Adobe page to, it is gone now. This is how subscription software should work:
https://sales.jetbrains.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207240845-What-is-perpetual-fallback-license-

Farabomb

They just changed the interface on the boss's webmail and he's been bitching and moaning for weeks now. I told him cry me a river, I have to deal with that all the damn time. Mind you this was the guy that was still using a DOS based contact system in 2014.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Some people can't stand change. It doesn't really bother me. My wife freaks out every time Android does an update to her tablet.

Farabomb

I just installed a marshmallow ROM on the M8 so I could play with it.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I made the mistake of installing CyanogenMod and Lollipop on her last tablet. Never again let me tell you. Her new tablet came with Kit Kat and one day it told her she had an update so she let it install. It was Lollipop. She was not pleased. I could only imagine if she looked at it and had Marshmallow!

Farabomb

Honestly I'm still on KitKat on my daily driver. I have it set how I want and it's happy. Problem is it's so damn old only 2 cables I have will charge it and only if the planets are aligned.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

:laugh:  Lollipop, Kit Kat
find myself needing some candy now