Esko Imaging Engine - anyone have it?

Started by andyfest, October 30, 2014, 01:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

We just renewed our software (Nexus, etc) support contract for another year with Esko. After receiving an email thanking us, the email went on to say "Just to let you know, the new Imaging Engine has been released. This is an upgrade included in your support contract....". Are there any Esko users out there that employ this software? From what I could find on the net, it's more for flexo than offset, but can be utilized for both. It's also based on APPE, rather than Esko's previous stand-alone solutions. Any info would be welcome. 
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

I don't use Nexus anymore but I think going with 'real' APPE is a good thing.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

We are scheduled to be installed middle of 2015, company still testing it.

I'm more interested in the unified editor that's rumored to be coming at about the same time.

Neo sucks Donkey.........s

andyfest

Quote from: G_Town on December 17, 2014, 12:19:36 PMWe are scheduled to be installed middle of 2015, company still testing it.

I'm more interested in the unified editor that's rumored to be coming at about the same time.

Neo sucks Donkey.........s
Because it is offered as a free upgrade, I'm curious. So if you can shed any light on the good/bad points of Imaging Engine as you test I'd be interested in your feedback. We're still using v10.1.3 Nexus Classic front end + pdf RIP backend.

G_Town

Version 16 running now. Chews through files Nexus would choke on.

So far so good.

andyfest

Thx G - good to know. We just got pricing for the upgrade. What was the learning curve like going Nexus > AE?

G_Town

Quote from: andyfest on March 21, 2017, 01:51:57 PMThx G - good to know. We just got pricing for the upgrade. What was the learning curve like going Nexus > AE?

It's just a lot different as far as setting up workflows, fortunately we have a guy in the corporation that's had plenty of time to play with it. All about smart names.

Possum

Hi, G Town. Come back more often, we miss you.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

G_Town