Barcode ID in Kodak Preps

Started by harimaukuatkuat, August 26, 2016, 12:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harimaukuatkuat

I have one title with 2 editions. For example secion 1 to 6 is Asia edition. The last section is also duplicate as Japanese edition.
My question is can the barcode ID change automatically in Kodak Preps (especially split edition)?
I am using the EPS file in Kodak Preps for the variable barcode.

Note: The barcode is a safeguard for postpress binding process. The binder will stop if the barcode code is different.

DigiCorn

There's a barcode that does this as a placed mark on Preps impositions
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

xmb

Hello

I think ,,, Can you put a codification barcode  different between Asian edition and Japanese edition

regards

harimaukuatkuat

Quote from: xmb on September 01, 2016, 01:53:43 AMHello

I think ,,, Can you put a codification barcode  different between Asian edition and Japanese edition

regards

Hi xmb, Is it automatic change code? Do you have any sample or recommended vendor? Thanks.

xmb

Hello

This is sample barcode codification , but I don't know in your system it's found 
<String Name="code" Value="upcase(extr(0,6,&lt;jobname 0&gt;)+pad(&lt;sectionnumber 0,0&gt;,2,&quot;0&quot;)+&lt;booknumber 0,0&gt;+repl(&quot;0&quot;, &quot;00&quot;,repl(&quot;ASI&quot;, &quot;02&quot;,repl(&quot;JAP&quot;, &quot;01&quot;,repl(&quot;BIS&quot;, &quot;09&quot;,pad(&lt;sectionid&gt;,3,&quot;0&quot;))))))"/>

harimaukuatkuat