Want to buy Delta Tower (Heidelberger imagesetter linotype hell)

Started by prepressure, September 12, 2009, 02:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressure

Does anyone selling Heidelberg used parts, in my case:DELTA TOWER
My contacts are in Europe

frailer

Maybe try some of the online second-hand prepress equipment sellers/dealers. Even US/UK/Australia. Must be quite a few of those sitting on back shelves all over. Can't imagine you's be paying big dollars at this stage.

My hair was still dark brown when they were flogging those in print industry mags here.   :sad:  Even second owners may have retired theirs. You need for spares, I guess...   :undecided:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

prepressure

Jeah frailer its for parts  i need a hard disk for my delta tower,
But i,ll buy even a complete delta tower couse its hard to find those kind of HD
  :undecided:

frailer

I've been down this track with other prepress equipment in the past. Shall surf and see if I come up with anything.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Seems the towers tend to go hand-in-hand with output devices, mostly. Makes sense. Maybe your best bet is to go for the cheapest/smallest /oldest output device/setter; which also comes with a Tower.

Just a thought. They're in more demand than I would have thought. Must have been pretty reliable setups.    :undecided:  Sadly for some, economic circumstances are in your favour. There must be some marginal shops out there with older Heidi setups who will be selling off. Again, a thought. Good luck.

...one here, but can't see a date. Assume current, but you'd have to contact him. 

Delta Tower

...or, post a pic of the hard drive in question, if you can, along with the make/specs/serial no./model. Someone here may have some thoughts on where you might get one. It'd be easier than sourcing the whole box'n'dice, surely. A certain Nick Burns may tell you whether you're dreaming or not. I'm full of bright ideas on a Sunday evening, hey...   :rolleyes:

To post a pic:

-get below 128 KB .png or .jpg.
-click Addition Options...>Browse....to pic. It won't Preview for your post, but will appear to anyone logged in, once you've posted.
-bigger files can be uploaded to something like Photobucket...a link set up....

prepressure

Yes frailer this is Delta Tower that i'm looking for,i found it in brakensiek.com but it was no longer in their stock

Heidelberg Delta Tower 2069-IS, 4GB HD, 64MB Ram

I.S. Raster
64 MB RAM
4 GB HDD
Speedway Interface

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Wow, we still have our setup here in Cold Storage. I can take an inventory on it & see what they want for it if ya like.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

prepresstex

Buy the hard disks or take them from the rip 50 or 40 it is one megabyte scsi 1 get it on the internet or if you want buy a cheap harlequin rip