'Wrong' direction shingling on 12pp

Started by frailer, July 20, 2015, 10:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Having my own issues here. This is a yearly job. We had it on rails last year, I swear.

But then I trusted thems upstairs to keep my XMF Archive files in the 'bottomless' RAID drive in the office. Hah!! I' was an idiot... but that's another (ongoing) story.
I should be able to restore the Archive Job and get a cup of tea, but here is cavemen re-inventing the wheel.

Am still awaiting the text files to come in, TG, so i have time to prep it. Here's a link to the dummied job.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydalmv74nvkepxw/Archived_job_for_Wayne.zip

My questions are, basically, on a 12pp impo like this, are the 'x' and 'y' values swung around?
Do I have to change the negative to a positive value on the 0.36 figure?
Normally, with 'x' set to negative figure, the pages shingle in, and 'shrink' incrementally to retain perfect crossovers. Not happening on this job.  :undecided:

Some screenshots, as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit... because of the RAID clusterfuck, am not sure if the Stripping Sheet Templates I'm trying to use were obtained from the XMF Pattern Library. I recall that I had to use them in the past for 12 pagers, as home-made ones did not pick up Creep Comp properly. This could be the issue here.

Off to do another dummy job, using XMF Patterns.   :shoots_self:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

OK, sorry about the carry-on. Outa the woods, I think.  Just needed to tinker more, test. 12 pp Patterns do throw things off a bit; gotta watch the proper field settings.

Screenshots show page width at centre, around 6mm; but that's prolly right. Also decreasing trim offsets as whole pages shrink incrementally on the way to the centre spread.

Hoo well.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

yours looks a little different than mine, did you need to have the default creep selected?
I see it's not selected.

Joe

Creep on a 12 page job? What's it running on? 1/2" Plywood? :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

16 pages and over is our standard "when to creep" guide.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on July 21, 2015, 03:15:03 PM16 pages and over is our standard "when to creep" guide.

So you're using 1/4" plywood? :rotf:

Sheesh...our standard is 80 pages but you can see through most of the paper we use.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

I don't even think about adding creep until I hit 24 pages unless the stock is thicker than usual and/or the design requires it. When I worked at the book printer, we did apply creep to books as small as 12 pages, but it was often only 1/32".
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

Depending on the artwork we have creeped 16pg books. Normally, it's not till 40+ pages.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job