News:

Main Menu

Edit an AVI file

Started by frailer, October 22, 2014, 03:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: frailer on October 22, 2014, 08:45:06 PMTimely reminder on Handbrake. I only used it at home about 5~6 years ago; haven't used it since.. had some old WWII footage I needed to convert.
The number plate is in full on morning sun, so not really readable, which I'd like it to be, but no discernible difference between the AVI and the MP4.
Fantastic software for open Source.!

I use Handbrake all the time. Great for cleaning up messy formats, especially when using it for conversion for Apple TV. I also use a free program called Subler for metadata and subtitles. Don't have to re-render video when including subtitles with this app which is nice. I watch a lot of foreign movies.

If it's really simple video editing, I use Quicktime, more for convenience. If I want to do more advanced stuff, I use Premiere.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 23, 2014, 07:56:21 AM
Quote from: frailer on October 22, 2014, 08:45:06 PMTimely reminder on Handbrake. I only used it at home about 5~6 years ago; haven't used it since.. had some old WWII footage I needed to convert.
The number plate is in full on morning sun, so not really readable, which I'd like it to be, but no discernible difference between the AVI and the MP4.
Fantastic software for open Source.!

I use Handbrake all the time. Great for cleaning up messy formats, especially when using it for conversion for Apple TV. I also use a free program called Subler for metadata and subtitles. Don't have to re-render video when including subtitles with this app which is nice. I watch a lot of foreign movies.

If it's really simple video editing, I use Quicktime, more for convenience. If I want to do more advanced stuff, I use Premiere.

I'm sure you do.  8)
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

American movies of the past few years lack any originality.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

don't you need Quicktime Pro to do the editing?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 23, 2014, 08:13:09 AMAmerican movies of the past few years lack any originality.

I will not fight you on that. Has there been a "new" american movie in the last 10 years?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: david on October 23, 2014, 08:13:40 AMdon't you need Quicktime Pro to do the editing?

To do some advanced shit, yes. But just simple stuff, no. I can copy and paste clips together, delete frames... like I said simple stuff. If you want transitions, fades and all that... use Premiere.
Member #285 - Civilian

born2print

Quote from: frailer on October 22, 2014, 08:45:06 PMhad some old WWII footage I needed to convert.
You look so good for your age!  :grin:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

frailer

Quote from: born2print on October 23, 2014, 09:47:06 AM
Quote from: frailer on October 22, 2014, 08:45:06 PMhad some old WWII footage I needed to convert.
You look so good for your age!  :grin:
Haha... not mine, smartypants. But thanks for the compliment anyway..
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.