Plate switch!! Help!!!

Started by baker7, June 27, 2016, 01:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on June 29, 2016, 07:32:33 AMAnybody want to guess what his first question was this this AM?

Just a wild guess but "does it print yet?".
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

Farabomb

Joe, that's pretty much verbatim.

So I got the carriage off and it broke in the process. It's a piece that's under a considerable amount of tension. I doubt crazy glue is going to fix this but I was told to do that. The bearing was totally destroyed but I can get a replacement. I might be able to get it to work  for a little with some carbon fiber and epoxy but it won't last long. It will give him a little time to find a replacement proofer.

HA, HA, HA, HA, who am I kidding? Nothing will be done until it breaks again and it's a panic situation again.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

I'm surprised he didn't try to fix it. After all, he would have broken it 5% more.

Farabomb

Oh, he did. Made sure to comment on how strong he is too. Yes, you're 5% stronger than most couch dwelling americans but that's not putting the bar all that high dude. Somehow I believe I have some strength in my fingers from all my years of playing guitar but I don't feel it necessary to mention it.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Yeah, if you've got it, use it, and we'll notice it. If you have to talk about it, you probably ain't got it.

Farabomb

Yup, all those guys taking about how big their junk is, driving expensive sportscars or brodozers...

Likely hung like brine shrimp.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

DPSprint

you guys make work so much more entertaining than it used to be
:popcorn:

Farabomb

You only know the half of it. Hang around here for a while and maybe you'll find your way through the looking glass.  :hello:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Part of this site is good info and help, the rest is venting. We all need a place to do it.