EXE files... view on Mac

Started by frailer, December 17, 2014, 04:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Yeah, I think this setup's too old, (like me). Situations to be faced in 2015. Fujifilm won't be updating the current XMF. Major move to 64 bit, so new box required in next few months, I think.
Meanwhile, Archiving XMF Jobs and closing down for 2 weeks.   :hello:  Oh, I'll still be around, from home a bit...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Yeah there have been four full version releases since OS X 10.6.x. Almost anything recently released requires 10.7.x and even it and 10.8.x are getting a little rusty.

I still envy your 2 week shutdown every year.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: frailer on December 18, 2014, 09:32:14 PMYeah, I think this setup's too old, (like me). Situations to be faced in 2015. Fujifilm won't be updating the current XMF. Major move to 64 bit, so new box required in next few months, I think.
Meanwhile, Archiving XMF Jobs and closing down for 2 weeks.  :hello:  Oh, I'll still be around, from home a bit...

2 weeks? Paid? Joe, we're living in the wrong country.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Ain't that the truth. Plus it is the middle of summer there. They do drive on the wrong side of the road though.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on December 19, 2014, 10:48:37 AMAin't that the truth. Plus it is the middle of summer there. They do drive on the wrong side of the road though.

And kangaroos have free reign of the place. Not to mention, they are home to most of the world's deadliest creatures.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Probably why they need two weeks off every year.

:rotf:

Farabomb

Lucky.

We get to work all xmas eve and the day after xmas because a designer couldn't get it done by their deadline. Of course since it's a show we can't miss the deadline.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on December 19, 2014, 02:10:20 PMLucky.

We get to work all xmas eve and the day after xmas because a designer couldn't get it done by their deadline. Of course since it's a show we can't miss the deadline.

Just regular work days here as well. Who needs time off for the holidays when work is really the only thing that matters? :sarcasm:

DigitalCrapShoveler

We have a Thunder game day program on the day before and the day after... business as usual.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Quote from: Joe on December 19, 2014, 02:29:45 PM

Just regular work days here as well. Who needs time off for the holidays when work is really the only thing that matters? :sarcasm:

I wouldn't mind so much but I know I will have no work to do, just the press. Since any holiday really doesn't matter to the boss it's just another day for him. It doesn't matter that others here have family in from out of town or anything. No holiday party for us that I know of either.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

To us Jehovah's Witnesses, all days are the same.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DCurry

My company had 2 parties, actually - one was for the marketing company that owns us, and one was just for the print shop. We actually have a full private bar next door at corporate HQ, and the whole thing was held there and catered by our in-house deli (the food was awesome - crab balls, shrimp, raw oysters, beef tenderloin, stuffed mushroom caps, sushi, etc.) The smaller one for ourselves was a week later and was a lot more casual (ziti, wings, cold cuts), but the boss invited everyone to a local pub with open bar and appetizers for a couple hours.

Can't really complain about that - it was great!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DCurry on December 20, 2014, 05:25:45 PMMy company had 2 parties, actually - one was for the marketing company that owns us, and one was just for the print shop. We actually have a full private bar next door at corporate HQ, and the whole thing was held there and catered by our in-house deli (the food was awesome - crab balls, shrimp, raw oysters, beef tenderloin, stuffed mushroom caps, sushi, etc.) The smaller one for ourselves was a week later and was a lot more casual (ziti, wings, cold cuts), but the boss invited everyone to a local pub with open bar and appetizers for a couple hours.

Can't really complain about that - it was great!

We will have our traditional BBQ baseball glove and canned corn X-Mas meal with iced tea. Jealous?
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

The ink company is bringing by sammiches.

That seems to be the limit of our holiday parties. Nothing from the owner at all.

I think I've bought lunch for the shop more often than he has. Funny, back in the day when he was just sales at another shop he forced the sales team to buy pizza for the shop for xmas during the lean times. He said it's those guys that get our jobs out, without them we have nothing to sell.

Guess things change when you become the boss.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job