Cut and paste from one page to another in same document

Started by Farabomb, October 30, 2014, 02:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

It may be simple and I'm just missing it but how do I cut and paste an image from one page to another in a multi page document?

I try and it ends up moving it as per my settings in preferences. I'm pretty sure it's possible as I managed to do it but it pasted it in a totally different page than the one I wanted. Luckily I noticed it or that would have been an issue.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

I have had issues with this as well.
the closest I can come is to paste it and then use the Pitstop mover tool to get it in the right place, but then again, I didn't spend a lot of time looking for answers.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

I can move it but I have to move to 2 pages. If it was the next page that's not bad.

When I did have it move it moved 5 pages but there was no rhyme or reason that it did.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

sounds like you have the "curse". 
When you try to do the paste, do you have the page you are pasting into on the screen in full page view?
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

You have to click on the page you are pasting on. It's a bug. Change your Pitstop preferences to paste in place, by deleting the offsets and setting them to zero.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

COMMAND+X

Switch to the page you want it on.

Select Pitstop tool in case it is no longer selected.

Click on the gray background.

COMMAND+V

Works for me anyway.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 30, 2014, 03:52:36 PMYou have to click on the page you are pasting on. It's a bug. Change your Pitstop preferences to paste in place, by deleting the offsets and setting them to zero.

Not sure it is a bug. If you don't click somewhere on the new page than the other page is still selected and that is where it puts it. Works as designed I think.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Maybe, but I think it's lame. If you indicate what page you want to travel to, all the tools should apply to that page. Clicking somewhere on the pasteboard seems... back-ass 1990 to me.
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

I wonder if it is picking up coordinates from stray bounding boxes or facing pages?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 30, 2014, 04:12:50 PMMaybe, but I think it's lame. If you indicate what page you want to travel to, all the tools should apply to that page. Clicking somewhere on the pasteboard seems... back-ass 1990 to me.

If that is the case it is on Adobe and not Enfocus. Good luck getting Adobe to change anything! :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Ear

Right. They would have to admit to it before they change it.

Did you empty your Safari Cache? :D
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Adobe does no wrong. If it isn't working for you you're doing it wrong.

Joe

I should copyright that saying before Adobe steals it for their next ad campaign.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca