Well this is pretty cool...

Started by Joe, May 20, 2015, 01:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

born2print

My guess is tube(s) went bad, it may be repairable but that maybe cost prohibitive.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

Quote from: born2print on May 21, 2015, 04:13:47 PMMy guess is tube(s) went bad, it may be repairable but that maybe cost prohibitive.

Yeah a few years ago I replaced every tube in there. Didn't help at all. I'm not sure if you can even find tubes anymore. Probably somewhere on the innerwebs you can I guess.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: born2print on May 21, 2015, 04:06:41 PMNice SG Joe

Thanks. I bought that new in 1973. It cost me $300+. That was big bucks back then. :grin:

frailer

Quote from: Joe on May 21, 2015, 04:27:54 PM

Thanks. I bought that new in 1973. It cost me $300+. That was big bucks back then. :grin:
Eyewateringly expensive.
Apropos the OLEDs; people noticed how quickly LED matrix billboards have taken over from paper paste-up billboards. Like a virus hit them.
Those guys with the big buckets and brooms gonna go the way of film planners/strippers.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Made in Taiwan

Yesterday they've introduced a TV that bends itself depending on what kind of things you watch. It's crazy if you think about that a few years ago the TV was black and white and you had the choice between two channels...
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

frailer

Quote from: Made in Taiwan on May 21, 2015, 10:21:56 PMYesterday they've introduced a TV that bends itself depending on what kind of things you watch. It's crazy if you think about that a few years ago the TV was black and white and you had the choice between two channels...
Ahem.... I actually remember it.  :-[   Can remember driving many suburbs away to watch B&W TV at friends'.

Back in the day... "Sugarfoot", "Rawhide", "Wells Fargo". I think I wanted to grow up and be Dale Robertson. Could even be a Dale pose in the avatar.  ----> :-[   again.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

StudioMonkey

Quote from: frailer on May 21, 2015, 09:56:12 PMThose guys with the big buckets and brooms gonna go the way of film planners/strippers.
We used to go flyposting in the dead of night, dodging the cops and taxis (who would call the cops on us).  Tried a new tactic - broad daylight, Saturday afternoon, middle of town surrounded by shoppers.  Wearing overalls, carrying a big ladder and buckets.  Nobody bothered us.  At one point a policeman held the ladder for me.  They all just assumed we had permission, even though we were sticking up the same band posters as before.

getting a bit off topic here . . .
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

A clipboard and a assuring nod will get you an amazing amount of places. Just act like you should be there and most people will just wave you through.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Quote from: Joe on May 21, 2015, 04:27:54 PM

I agree, nice Axe. That tremolo is huge! Looks like a piece of steam-punk bindery equipment.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 22, 2015, 04:49:02 AM
Quote from: Made in Taiwan on May 21, 2015, 10:21:56 PMYesterday they've introduced a TV that bends itself depending on what kind of things you watch. It's crazy if you think about that a few years ago the TV was black and white and you had the choice between two channels...
Ahem.... I actually remember it.  :-[   Can remember driving many suburbs away to watch B&W TV at friends'.

I remember not having TV. It was the early to mid 60's before we had a TV in the house. Zenith B&W. Weighed as much as a Sherman tank. I remember watching the moon landing on that thing.

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on May 22, 2015, 10:33:56 AM
Quote from: frailer on May 22, 2015, 04:49:02 AM
Ahem.... I actually remember it.  :-[   Can remember driving many suburbs away to watch B&W TV at friends'.

I remember not having TV. It was the early to mid 60's before we had a TV in the house. Zenith B&W. Weighed as much as a Sherman tank. I remember watching the moon landing on that thing.
We must have lived on the same block. Ours was a b & w Zenith as well, bought around 1962 when we got 2 or 3 channels. I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan when I was 6. The dentist next door bought an amazing colour tv in the mid-60's. Once a year we would get invited over to watch the Santa Claus parade. Good times...
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

I remember The Beatles on Ed Sullivan too but I couldn't hear it because of my sisters and their friends squealing at the TV. And Bonanza on Sunday night. Have Gun Will Travel on Saturday night followed by Wrestling at the Chase from St. Louis.

Ear

I remember, in 4th grade, after school.... The Fall Guy was on at 3:00 followed by He-Man and The Master's of The Universe. After the news, it would be Dukes of Hazard, Knight Rider, A-Team, Airwolf, etc... depending on what night it was.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

here it was Bonanza on Sunday night, Have Gun Will Travel on Saturday night followed by Wrestling at the Sportatorium.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca