PitStop 13 - Generate Bleed action - Movie

Started by abc, March 22, 2015, 07:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

Hi all, official teaster movie of the new 'Generate Bleed action'
PitStop 13 will be released in April.
 Any users buying or upgrading to PitStop Pro or Server 12 from now until the release of v13 will get a free upgrade to version 13 when available.

Here's an advance preview of the bleed generation
https://youtu.be/-w0iu3W3My8

gig0

Very nice, indeed. Have you considered a new tagline for Enfocus? Like, Enfocus: Putting prepress folk out of a job one update at a time?  :)

Nice work, fellas, as usual.
Prinergy Evo <option 8> Colorproof XF <option 8> Epson 7800's (shut up) <option 8> Screen Platerite 4200 & Lotem 400  <option 8> Various Konica & OCE digital printers

abc

Actually I think we make tools for 'prepress folk'
I spent most of my working life in prepress, I don't know any other way you could do this without sending it back to the customer.
The old trick used to be enlarging the PDF to add bleed, this one is as little more targetted.
It won't work in all cases, so it does need a prepress 'eye' to look it over.

Farabomb

Prepress wouldn't exist if it were not for Pitstop. We would all be dead from gunshot wounds or liver failure.

Thanks, now I have to talk the boss into upgrading to v13.  :undecided:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Kerry

We get so so many customers that don't even know what a bleed is that this feature will be extremely helpful and time saving for us.  Especially on those birthday invites and thank yous that take me just as long or longer to add bleeds and set up as it does to print out all 30 copies of 'em.  *sigh

And I too, Joe, have already planted the seed of suggestion into my managers' ears   :dev2:
Pet Peeve: Customer emails in a 72dpi jpg, puts "250 copies" in the subject line and gives NO other information. Customer calls 3 hours later wondering if job is complete.   >.<

Slappy

abc - I was looking for this Action the other day but can't find it, is it available to test out yet?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

It will be in the next version (13) of Pitstop which will be out soon.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

abc

You just have to know the right people!  

:lmao: 

PM me if you want to play with it.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Farabomb on March 23, 2015, 08:24:12 AMPrepress wouldn't exist if it were not for Pitstop. We would all be dead from gunshot wounds or liver failure.

Thanks, now I have to talk the boss into upgrading to v13.  :undecided:

yessir, agree with this, but it may not save me from liver failure, but it has slowed dow the progress!

Made in Taiwan

Let me think... Now we're on Version 11... The boss is likely to upgrade somewhen between version 25 to 30, maybe 35... So far a new version is published around once per year... So I think, in the near future I don't need to be afraid that I might get replaced by Pitstop.
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

abc

hmm, not really. There's a new major version every 18 - 24 months.
and 2-3 minor updates that come in between.

Made in Taiwan

Oh really? I thought the new versions come faster. In that case I can retire with my Pitstop 11 (and probably the CS6, too)!   :cane:
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.