Special Queues on a DC260

Started by Slappy, March 24, 2015, 08:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on March 24, 2015, 01:05:55 PMSounds like it is automatically going to he "Held" queue. Somewhere in the RIP there is a place to tell it which queue to go to. So when you print it asks for authentication? You have to give it your Mac password or the RIP password?
It's not even getting to a Queue, when I drop a PDF onto the Virtual Printer, an Authentication Window pops up. I've made a User at the CWS and made sure it's enabled to allow Printing but it doesn't recognize the User or even Guest.

I'm going to email our (practically useless) Xerox rep & see what's up with the Hot Folders not being recognized, that should be the simplest way to get what I want.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on March 25, 2015, 09:39:36 AMIt's not even getting to a Queue, when I drop a PDF onto the Virtual Printer, an Authentication Window pops up. I've made a User at the CWS and made sure it's enabled to allow Printing but it doesn't recognize the User or even Guest.

I'm going to email our (practically useless) Xerox rep & see what's up with the Hot Folders not being recognized, that should be the simplest way to get what I want.

Does it work if you just import a PDF into CWS? (From the File menu => Import Job of CWS I mean)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

It does, and I can point it to the Queue I want as well. Not that it saves me any time/steps as opposed to the way I'm already doing it though.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

wonderings

Hotfolders should be what you want. I have never used them, but the basic idea is to create a workflow that you can just drop a file into and it does the rest. From my understanding, you do not really print to them, rather drop a file into the hotfolder itself. So you would create a Hotfolder on your Fiery, create all the actions you want it to do, then when you drop in a file, it does what you told it to do and prints it out without needing to adjust settings each time.

DigiCorn

without reading the thread, i assure you to use only the "hold" queue, make certain you have the right driver (the EFI Fiery one - NOT the one from Xerox) and print to the hold option (or set up the hold queue as a hotfolder). To make things easier, download and run CWS remotely and you can drag and drop once it finds the proper iP address.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway