News:

Main Menu

reverse page order

Started by Stiv, November 15, 2010, 09:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

I need an action to reverse the page order of PDFs. Anyone have any clues?

Long story: I need a PitStop ninja, I have multiple sections of magazines that the client now wants to impose as a come-and-go. I need to reverse the page orders of selected sections so I can combine them into single PDFs in the proper page order.

Joe

I don't see anything in Pitstop that does this. You can do it with the "Merge Files into a Single PDF" option but if, for example, you have a 32 page PDF you would need to add the PDF in 32 different times and pick each page in the reverse order. The easiest thing would be to print the PDF in reverse order to the PDF printer.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Stiv

Good work arounds both, I don't know which one I'll go with though.

I'll have to put in a request for this action.

edit: I may export all the pages and then re-import them all back in correct order.

Joe

Another thought if you have multi-page PDFs...just extract all pages as single pages into a temp folder with Acrobat and then add them into the "Merge Files into a Single PDF" in reverse order. You can move them up or down in the list after you add them in. Just be sure to use "Largest" file option.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Stiv

Looks like we both had the same idea.  :tiphat:

zox

If you've had Quite Imposing plugin, it has a button that does exactly this, very helpful and mind boggling why Pitstop doesn't include it??

elko

zox: as sir benevier said in monty python's  live of Brian....."exactly".............the best and simple way :wink:

or you can you distiller and fill the "reverse pages"....I used it in the old sad time without "QUITE"

DigiCorn

Our Fiery also has a reverse page order option, in addition to the Acrobat solution.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

swampymarsh

An Acrobat Pro script can be found here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/300586

for (i = this.numPages - 1; i >= 0; i—) this.movePage(i);

DigiCorn

Quite Imposing also has a nifty reverse page option.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on November 15, 2010, 10:38:52 AMAnother thought if you have multi-page PDFs...just extract all pages as single pages into a temp folder with Acrobat and then add them into the "Merge Files into a Single PDF" in reverse order. You can move them up or down in the list after you add them in. Just be sure to use "Largest" file option.

That's a great tip, just had to do this today for a flip book. 61 pages in English and 61 pages in French, supplied separate files (English and French) and the french pdf had to be reversed, rotated 180 degrees and they had to be combined. Worked great for this purpose, though not automatic, it got the job out.