Stuffit now iTunes only?

Started by Slappy, May 31, 2016, 09:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Great, went to Expand a client's Stuffit file, my Ver 15 won't work and now it looks like the latest version is ONLY on the App Store?? Guess what - nobody set up accounts on the new Macs here so I have no way to get the installer.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

I setup one dummy account with no credit card info for all of our Macs.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

And how do you do this? I've wondered if it was possible as I can only use the company CC for things not relating to printing or so it seems.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

I believe once the initial iTunes account is setup, they can act as an Administrator and add other Macs onto it but without purchasing privileges. So Free Apps can be installed as well as System Updates. But, nobody here has done that even though we've had these Macs for months and I specifically asked about it when we got them.  :rolleyes:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

wonderings

You can use multiple accounts. On my work iMac, I have my account for somethings I have purchased before and used another account to purchase work related software. You just log out and log back in on the one you want.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on May 31, 2016, 09:31:10 AMAnd how do you do this? I've wondered if it was possible as I can only use the company CC for things not relating to printing or so it seems.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204034
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.