Pitstop 13 and Acrobat DC upgrade

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, April 24, 2015, 06:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Just updated to DC and activated pitstop 12.3 and am having the CMS problem Joe talked about. I don't see any choice for Little CMS in the pitstop color management preferences??

pspdfppdfxhd

Ah, yes, played around and found it.....

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: mattbeals on April 24, 2015, 01:00:00 PMDC and PP13 work fine for me. It's an odd change to the interface, but it's not hard to get used to.

I am Running Acrobat DC with pitstop 12.3 right now, when i try to upgrade to 13 it is asking for money... we're supposed to have a free upgrade through 2016 from Xchange US, guess I will have to contact them on Monday.

I find Acrobat DC a bit "windows 8ish" if that makes any sense. But not too bad after using it for about an hour with pitstop.

pspdfppdfxhd

Acrobat DC is much "snappier" than 11.... and it's not crapping out and crashing every 10 times or so when I do image editing in Photoshop. Don't know why that was happening but it's ok with DC.

Any yes, that annoying green sticky note appears when shift clicking with pitstop when the output preview palette is open. I thought for sure that they'd have that figured out.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on April 25, 2015, 07:18:56 AMAcrobat DC is much "snappier" than 11.... and it's not crapping out and crashing every 10 times or so when I do image editing in Photoshop. Don't know why that was happening but it's ok with DC.

Any yes, that annoying green sticky note appears when shift clicking with pitstop when the output preview palette is open. I thought for sure that they'd have that figured out.

It is faster than XI. Mainly because it is 64-bit I believe.

And yes the green sticky is still there though a person on the Acrobat team has promised me they will consider changing the key modifier for that so SHIFT+CLICK can go back to being what it was meant for. I'll believe it when I see it. Honestly I've never seen a company be so obstinate and stubborn...at least not since Quark in their heyday.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on April 25, 2015, 06:53:35 AMI find Acrobat DC a bit "windows 8ish" if that makes any sense. But not too bad after using it for about an hour with pitstop.

I find it more Yosemite'ish than Windows8'ish with it's flat multi-colored (ugly) icons. It looks like it was something purchased at Toys-r-Us. That white background surrounding open PDF's is pretty blinding on the bright white iMac display too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

havent seen yosemite yet, it doesnt play well with our EFI software :drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on April 25, 2015, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: pspdfppdfx on April 25, 2015, 06:53:35 AMI find Acrobat DC a bit "windows 8ish" if that makes any sense. But not too bad after using it for about an hour with pitstop.

I find it more Yosemite'ish than Windows8'ish with it's flat multi-colored (ugly) icons. It looks like it was something purchased at Toys-r-Us. That white background surrounding open PDF's is pretty blinding on the bright white iMac display too.

yeah, the fact that you cant change that light background is annoying too, it looks like paper on paper.

abc

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on April 25, 2015, 06:53:35 AMI am Running Acrobat DC with pitstop 12.3 right now, when i try to upgrade to 13 it is asking for money... we're supposed to have a free upgrade through 2016 from Xchange US, guess I will have to contact them on Monday.

If you bought in the grace period and have the free upgrade then you already have a version 13 license, if you check the license panel you should see that. If that's the case then all you need to do is install version 13 and you are good to go.