Pharmaceutical folder

Started by Foozball, July 06, 2015, 08:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foozball

Hey people, long time no see/post! :hello:

This "stupid idea" I had, like 6 years ago, is finally starting to bear some fruit... I think!
I have been issued a Patent from the USPTO and have trademarked a solid name to match!

However, in showing my plans to my business partner it seems like I'm "pushing the envelope" when it comes to folding and gluing. EVERYONE has now suggested that I'm going to need a Pharmaceutical folder to get the result I want!

I'm not actually looking to BUY a machine, but am trying to get a gauge on what the cost would be if in the next few months it was necessary. Interested in knowing prices for ANY machines you know of, whether it be nearby, recent, or something for sale upcoming!

Otherwise, I'm still living in Pittsburgh and involved in print, but am now doing more clerical work on labels for a nationwide food company - where they pay decent, and buy me lunch a couple of times a month! It's a sweet gig - not being on the shop floor anymore!

Let me know if you now anything,

Possum

Hi, Fooz! Have nothing to help your problem, but just glad to see ya!
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Tracy

Hey Foozball!
Was wondering if you were on your private Island somewhere! :laugh:

Slappy

Quote from: Foozball on July 06, 2015, 08:34:30 PMThis "stupid idea" I had, like 6 years ago, is finally starting to bear some fruit... I think!
I have been issued a Patent from the USPTO and have trademarked a solid name to match!
Sweeeeeet!

QuoteHowever, in showing my plans to my business partner it seems like I'm "pushing the envelope" when it comes to folding and gluing. EVERYONE has now suggested that I'm going to need a Pharmaceutical folder to get the result I want!

I'm not actually looking to BUY a machine, but am trying to get a gauge on what the cost would be if in the next few months it was necessary. Interested in knowing prices for ANY machines you know of, whether it be nearby, recent, or something for sale upcoming!

I get a lot of mailers for these guys, might be worth getting on their list or ask them if they even see any machines like that:
http://thomasauction.com/
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Foozball

Hey all, thanks for checking in with me!
It's getting interesting ... as my partner wants to get things done for X price, but I feel like he's finding that he'll have to pay XX price unless he uses me to manage print production!
I hope I'm wrong and he can "get it done" because that'd be AWESOME and easy for me, ... only time will tell!

I'm not buying a island yet, but I might lease one soon... after I get about $10mil in the bank! ;)

Farabomb

What exactly is a pharmaceutical folder? We do PI's here with a bunch of folds printed on toilet paper with our old stahl that has a wet fold attachment. Are you looking for a carton folder?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Foozball

I need to make 3 close folds in a small space, just over an inch apart, and add a glue tab. Pharmaceutical folder specializes in close/tight work ... or so I was told, as I've never seen one yet!
As we move forward over the next few months, we're going to NEED to find one! ;)

Shit's getting REAL - my patent slides past some regulatory red tape for most US states Liquor Control Boards and I'm looking into whether it also does the same with NCAA regulations. After 5+ years of work, this information has only come to light in the past few months!