News:

Main Menu

High Ink

Started by Tracy, September 29, 2016, 08:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

if anyone can find why I have High ink in between the wheels
It's in other areas too, It may not be a big deal but I have a lot going on with this job.
See total ink in acro to see the problem, it's a rich black of 50, 50, 50, 100, so it shouldn't be having a problem
you can open in illy to see if you can find the problem, I don't see any overprint under it either but I might be missing something.

Farabomb

The black is overprinting what's under it and the build is correct or at least close enough. I use 60/40/40/100 here. Normally I would not have that as a 4c black but since it's consistent and intentional I'd leave it as is. It is the same on all the black elements I see in the PDF. Well, at least the ones I checked.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

I just changed it to 100k and it's fine.
It has a small gradient box underneath which is adding to the ink I think.
why there is a gradient under it is weird, and that it's mixing the ink with the rich black is a mystery

oh well, nothing to see here :laugh:

thanks for looking at it F-b

Tracy

When I turn off the black in illy after changing to 100K there is a gradient in the box
that is just too weird, me no understand
but the problem is solved

Joe

I don't think the high ink would be much of a problem in that small of an area.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Just to drive you nuts, not all the grey builds are the same on it. Click the black channel off and 2 upright lines that connect the trucks (wheel assembly) to the train car are 67.8 k while the visually similar box is 62.4/53.3/51/23.1. That would drive me nuts but in reality I don't think it would show up in the printing.

I have a customer that does this all the time, uses a % of black and then uses a RGB visually similar grey right next to it. 1: use % of black for your greys 2: pick a color and stick with it. If I email you (for the 100000th time) that your color breakdown is wrong and I fixed it (again) but you should update your natives so it doesn't happen in the future you might want to do that. It cost you a whole bunch in AA's last time and probably this time too. I even offered to update their natives but I'm sure everyone knows nobody listens and you can't fix stupid.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

There are gradients all over the piece it's a diecut one sided so no problem really
just driving me crazy, there are other areas I didn't show too!
It's too complex I think.

It's a diecut train, it has people in the windows too! Cute!!

Farabomb

I actually love the really complex jobs. When I have to do complex diecut jobs I love taking my time and making it as perfect as possible. Cutting up dummies is quite relaxing to me, mainly because people tend to leave me alone when I'm walking around with a razor knife and a 36" straightedge.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Me too, I had to cut out 2 Different trains today!! They came out really good.
It's a train with a slot in the top to be a coin bank for kids who ride the train.

but I meant the file was too complex for illy to honor overprint settings
or non overprint settings I should say  :smiley: