Adobe's Create Now World Tour

Started by Slappy, March 04, 2013, 12:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Leaving early to go check this out with a guy from my last shop. It's geared mostly towards photographers & dezigners, but what the hell. I'll report back on whether it's worth the time. I'm curious to see what Pariah Burke presents, been following him on Twitter & other places for a while now, seems to really know his stuff.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

almaink

No dates in New York or Philadelphia? I guess Adobe in their infinite wisdom, figured there are no graphics people in those areas anymore.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

gnubler

Certainly they are going to Portland/Seattle where half the population is graphic desighners.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

Yeah, not sure why they'd skip a huge metropolitan area like NY, Philly - weird. The one I went to was pretty much capacity for the smallish college auditorium, about 120 or so bodies. Like I expected, almost entirely designer types and students but a few others admitted to still being printers. They probably had 20+ years on me too.

The presentation overall was decent, showing off new features in the Top 3 apps - Indy, Illy, PS of course. And - the Creative Cloud™ was a huge sell. Lots of showing how you can move working files around & access them anywhere & on various iOS devices, complete with layer control & in the case of Photoshop being able to make adjustments to the real files remotely.

What really struck me was the way they're pushing out new features in all of the apps, as long as you've gone in on the Cloud License. So a lot of the neat things they showed, I can't do at work. We have the boxed version of CS6, and those new features won't be available to anybody with a physical install until the next major point update. If I was looking to buy, I'd definitely go the Cloud route though. You can download at any time, any of the other 12 or so major apps too.

All in all, it's an interesting route. I don't see us as service providers ever moving to it, since new shiny features don't really matter, and I wish I had a valid previous license at home so I could get the $29/month rate instead of $49/month but oh well.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.