A Day in a Life of a Designer/Prepress

Started by Syphon, December 18, 2014, 09:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syphon

Every time the holidays come up, I think about this video.
Even though it's about a designer, I can relate to it as we have clients making changes again and again and...
And it's their own file I have to make changes!
A day in the life of a designer
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Joe

They forgot to add the part where he sends the printer each and every version as he is making them. :rotf:

Sometimes I just want to grab them by the throat and scream "DON'T SEND ANYTHING UNTIL YOU ARE DONE!".
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

StudioMonkey

Been there.  One customer we had was doing an A7 Prayer Card (4"x3") and it went to 39 proofs with just text amends.  He started from scratch twice.  We just went with it.  There were 6 more after that.  I think he was just lonely.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Ear

Quote from: StudioMonkey on December 19, 2014, 04:37:08 AMBeen there.  One customer we had was doing an A7 Prayer Card (4"x3") and it went to 39 proofs with just text amends.  He started from scratch twice.  We just went with it.  There were 6 more after that.  I think he was just lonely.
:lmao:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

born2print

Sounds fun.. until they ask to go "back" to v6 from v13  :death:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Possum

It's fine as long as they have to pay for being "lonely." 
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Tracy

with changes like that, it is kinda comical, great attitude monkey!

Farabomb

F him for setting text in photoshop. He deserves all the pain.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Well, sure, Photoshop is all a designer needs. Didn't you know?  :sarcasm:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Possum on December 23, 2014, 09:31:15 AMWell, sure, Photoshop is all a designer needs. Didn't you know?  :sarcasm:

The only program to do "life changing design". Give me a break.

I'm down to 4 chambers. This X-Mas shit better be over soon, or I'll be Deerhunter'n it.
Member #285 - Civilian

Designia(o_O)

Quote from: StudioMonkey on December 19, 2014, 04:37:08 AMBeen there.  One customer we had was doing an A7 Prayer Card (4"x3") and it went to 39 proofs with just text amends.  He started from scratch twice.  We just went with it.  There were 6 more after that.  I think he was just lonely.
That's so weird, we had the same thing happen to us. Not that many proofs but enough. A prayer card and some lonely religious guy :)

delooch

many jobs ago, i was in a quick-copy shop near an old catholic church.  there was one old lady who came in almost every day for copies of passages and pictures from the bible, she would want us to crop/scale pictures out of the bible to enlarge, and boy, if you made a mistake she would go old-school "nun" on you..... funny thing is she bought every setup/test print we made trying to achieve what she wanted, she freaked the fuck out when we put pictures of jesus in the recycle bin..

Farabomb

She shouldn't worry, He's the lich king. He will rise again.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job