Preps 5.xx for Mac

Started by LarryWol, June 30, 2015, 01:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryWol

Frailer, thanks anyway for the offer. I will look into Creo Preps. Upsetting the big K is not worth it.

cheers Larry

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

I suspect the videos have not really been updated, but they'd still apply to you OK.

Kodak exists in The Matrix; it is watching you.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

LarryWol

Frailer, is this just tutorials or can I can play with it or participate? If I can play arround then it is worth the dollars. But if it is just tuts then has no use for me. I like to practice myself. That is why, after all my trouble, I was a bit dissapointed that the preps demo did not work.
Larry

Joe

Did you try copying over the license file from your Windows install of Preps? If not, it should be in the Preps folder on Windows. It may be a hidden file so you may need to turn on the feature to view hidden files in Windows Explorer so you can see it and copy it over to the Mac.

One other thing you could try is if the dongle on your Windows PC is a USB dongle is to move the dongle over to the Mac and install Preps on the Mac entering your registration info on the Mac. Then you can use the full version on either Windows or a Mac just by moving the dongle around where needed. We did that for awhile back when we still used Preps with a dongle.

Farabomb

I too remember the times of throwing the dongle across prepress.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

LarryWol

Hi guys, i do not have a windows dongle. I got myself registered on the kodak partner place and could download 5.3.3
But the strange thing is that if I run the downloadmanager of Kodak it says that the downloadmanager can not be installed on this version of osx (10.5.8). A prohibited sign is shown... :angry:
The machine I am installing it on is a G5 1.8ghz, 768 mb ram, 10.5.8

Why the sign!!

I tried downloading it on my Intel laptop and then saved it on a usb stick and then trying to install it on my G5....no luck!

Pfff....

Joe

You already tried it once and it wouldn't run right? It is because OS X 10.5.8 is too old to run the download manager. Run the download manager on your newer mac and then copy the resulting .dmg file to your G5, extract the .pkg file and then install Preps from that.

LarryWol

Hi Joe, you are quite right. I tried it again with the software I downloaded from the partner place....
and the same thing happened. After clicking on the Preps icon and opening screen the message "There is a problem with your license" appears...

Joe

Hence why you need to copy the license file from your working copy of Preps.

LarryWol