News:

Main Menu

FusionPro slipsheet

Started by DCurry, November 24, 2014, 10:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Before anyone suggests searching the official FusionPro forums for this, I've already done that and haven't found what I'm looking for.

We have a monthly match mailing project that involves several palettes of boxes that need mailing labels applied. There are 192 boxes on each palette. The mail label is created using FusionPro, imposed 8up on a 12x18 sheet, cut and stack.

I want to put a slip sheet in the imposition after every 192 records, so when all 3,000 labels are printed, cut and stacked, there is a slipsheet to tell the person applying the labels where the palette break is.

I have added an unused body page in FP, put a big black box on it so it shows up, but can't sem to get it to show up in the right position in the impo. I've tried telling the FP imposition to create stacks of 192 but I still don't get the right result.

Is anyone else doing something similar with FP? It seems like it should be simple. I can get it to add a slipsheet after 192 sheets, but that doesn't work if I have a smallish job that might not get to 192 sheets.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Made in Taiwan

I don't know how about Fusion Pro, but could you output a PDF first and then insert the slip sheets directly into the PDF? 
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

DCurry

Oh, there are a hundred workarounds like that I can think of. I'd rather solve it the right way since this is an ongoing project.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!