Stand alone imposition options

Started by Farabomb, July 26, 2016, 06:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Though it works fine for what we need the limitation of power pc emulation means I have to find another solution than Preps 5. I'm looking for options for a 8up imposition program that will work with prinergy EVO. I'm assuming since imposition isn't integral to EVO, any software that spits out a .jdf file will work. I would love auto ganging but that's not mandatory. Since the boss is a bit of a control freak (full disclosure, I am at times too) I normally end up manually imposing in preps to get everything where I want it.

I'd be happy with a standalone program that is easy to use and might offer auto ganging. I have to do dummies for every job so folding patterns isn't important. I'd rather not have a acrobat based plugin only because my acrobat install is nothing close to stable.

Hopefully the light on Matt's computer went on and he'll have some ideas along with the rest of you. I'd prefer hands on experience as I trust your experiences over any sales bullshit.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I only have experience with Preps. The other two big ones are Metrix and Dynastrip. I think Dynastrip might be the cheapest though I would check with Kodak about an upgrade price for Preps.

You might also have a look at this one. I've seen it mentioned on Printplanet a time or two: http://imposition.com/en-us/
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

mattbeals

Metrix is the preferred choice if I do say so myself.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.