Pitstop 13 bugs in DC on El Capitan

Started by DigiCorn, October 11, 2016, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

My Acrobat-Pitstop tag team duo is sucking more than ever recently, Sigh.... and I keep running into the running out of system memory warnings.... checking activity monitor, Acrobat can be sucking up 5GB or more and kernel task 5GB or more. Time for a new Mac? Its 2010 imac with 16 gigs of ram.

Joe

My iMac here at work only has 8 GB of RAM and I've never seen a 'running out of system memory warning' when using Acrobat.

While working in Acrobat do you also have Apple Mail, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, RIP client, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Quark, PageMaker, Freehand, MS Office, Corel Draw, Call of Duty, and Leisure Suit Larry running? :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

What's PitStop13? What's el Capitan? What's 'upgrade' mean?   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on October 26, 2016, 03:22:38 PMMy iMac here at work only has 8 GB of RAM and I've never seen a 'running out of system memory warning' when using Acrobat.

While working in Acrobat do you also have Apple Mail, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, RIP client, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Quark, PageMaker, Freehand, MS Office, Corel Draw, Call of Duty, and Leisure Suit Larry running? :rotf:

Ah, it could be that leisure suit larry....i will make sure i shut it down tomorrow...

Joe

Sorry to be a smart ass but many times I've went through a user complaining their computer was slow and you go look at it and everything under the sun is running on it and it hasn't been re-started in a month and a half!

:strangle:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

The boss has been having issues with space because he remembers me telling him to store everything in D: but refuses to do it. For months he's been "cleaning up" files whenever the warning pops up. It only lasts days. I chase him away, change some paths so he can just click and put it in the right place, check the recycle bin...

There is 12 fucking gigs of shit in there. You're wondering why you're out of space?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job