News:

Main Menu

QR codes

Started by Laurens, November 22, 2009, 10:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on April 28, 2011, 09:19:45 AMDon't know if they work OK or not.

And it sounds like you don't care, either.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Oh I care. You KNOW I care!!!

BTW, congrats...
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Cool. Still just a genderless supreme ninja. I'm glad, though.

(Does this mean you're sending me a bill for excessive posting?)
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

it's in the mail

thankyouverymuch
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

If it's a dollar a post I'm in trouble and Joe will be taking 6 months off.

David

we'll cut you a wholesale price, 2 for a dollar and for every post over 1000, it's an extra .05
Thursdays is half price day.
Go nutz
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Slappy

I still say check out ID Automation's software, top notch & great support as well. One of the biggest parts of dealing with QR is testing. Get as many devices (iPhone old & new, Android models and even Blackberry) and all of the most popular scanning apps for each also. Don't assume that if a code works on somebody's iPhone 4 that it will function with older models that don't have auto-focus or are just plain crappy hardware. Blackberry is the worst, go figure.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing as well. Some of the older 3G phones that have the fixed focus cams that don't work too well with some of the more intricate 2D codes or the 1D codes.
I'll add ID Automation to my list of ones to check out.
I think we're going to get Fusion Pro in the next week or so, getting into W2P.
Fun
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I was asked yesterday if we can do barcodes, so it shan't be long before I'll be joining the club.

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on May 06, 2011, 03:14:19 PMI was asked yesterday if we can do barcodes, so it shan't be long before I'll be joining the club.

So cut the side comments, and pay attention.   :police: :tongue: :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 06, 2011, 03:46:34 PM
Quote from: gnubler on May 06, 2011, 03:14:19 PMI was asked yesterday if we can do barcodes, so it shan't be long before I'll be joining the club.

:lmao:

Damn, I wish I had said that!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: frailer on May 06, 2011, 03:46:34 PM

I am, in between posting pics of my rainbow socks and stuff.

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

"Dealing with barcodes since 2001"
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

hotmetal

Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on May 06, 2011, 05:01:31 PM
"Dealing with barcodes since 2001"

Heh. I became the barcode king in these parts back in 1995! Still haven't gotten my free cup of coffee yet. We've  been seeing QRs in pdfs lately, tend to be rgb or already-converted rgb (that good ol' 4C tint mismash.) Hadn't thought of shooting one with a smartphone to test! We just print 'em and move to the next job in the rack.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson