Summary of exposed Plates?

Started by RA75, October 27, 2016, 12:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RA75

Hello to all of you!

As I'm new, I got a question that might seem a little off topic, but I hope it is accepted.
I'm wondering, if there is any possibility to see a summary, how many plates have been exposed
in a specific date range? I need it to proof my work time to my boss and it would be helpful to
have a way to show, how many plates I've been making during different weeks.

Any idea, if I can get this from XMF? Maybe a log-File, XML, or something,  from which I can extract the
number of exposed plates?

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Best regards,

René

andyfest

Quote from: RA75 on October 27, 2016, 12:53:17 AMHello to all of you!

As I'm new, I got a question that might seem a little off topic, but I hope it is accepted.
I'm wondering, if there is any possibility to see a summary, how many plates have been exposed
in a specific date range? I need it to proof my work time to my boss and it would be helpful to
have a way to show, how many plates I've been making during different weeks.

Any idea, if I can get this from XMF? Maybe a log-File, XML, or something,  from which I can extract the
number of exposed plates?

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Best regards,

René
Depending on your platesetter setup, the gateway server (we are using a Fuji Celebrant Gateway as a tiff catcher) should have each separation numbered in the queue. Screenshot the start of the day and the last plate you image at the end of the day. Otherwise keep a manual log of jobs and number of plates involved. We do that as well to keep track of our plate inventory.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Tracy

I keep a manual log too, just create a Form with Date, Job#, Job Name, Plate size, Number of plates, Person who plated, if that applies.
If you have to you might be able to go into xmf and check your jobs by job number or date and calculate.

Ear

Most platesetters have a consumable timer (counter). It will tell you recent counts as well as absolute. I'm using a Screen (Fuji badge). What is the make of your platesetter?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

RA75

Thank you very much for your answers!
Haven't been here for a while, so I'd like to thank you now!

We are using a Fuji Luxel T-9300, as far as I know, there is a counter for plates, it counts all plates since the last reset, I think.
This would be a way to count, but I can't see this way, which size of plates was exposed. Seems as if I have to count them manually and type them into a calculation sheet.  :sad:

Anyway, you guys helped me and gave me some information which I can try to figure some solution out.

Thank you and all the best to all of you!

René

Tracy

I just keep my log by the imagesetter and log the plates as I plate the job, easy peasy :)

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

What, I like to play with Lincoln logs when I'm in the bathtub. Then the devil rubber duckie comes and knocks it all down.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

don't the logs float?

once again, TMI....     :rotf:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca