Pitstop 13 bugs in DC on El Capitan

Started by DigiCorn, October 11, 2016, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

My tool bar is always there at the top, the one called Tracy 1 is an alternate toolbar
when I click on it I get a second tool bar at the top

Tracy

looks like this when I click on Tracy 1

Joe

Yeah I have something like that setup too. Just hate having to go to the side toolbar to invoke it. I have to go to it also for a lot of the built in Acrobat toolbars because Adobe removed almost all tools from the menus and that toolbar is the only place to find them. If I got on to the Adobe Beta tester team they would expel me right quick I'm sure. I never agree with any changes their developers decide to make. It's like they are trying to piss us off. And they are damn good at it too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

That's weird it's not happening to me, uh oh, it will prolly happen on monday now :laugh:

Joe

I'm lost Tracy. What is not happening to you that is weird?

DigiCorn

Our guy created master action lists/global changes and placed them on a server, then linked to them though preferences. Things got a little better.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Quote from: Joe on October 14, 2016, 03:11:03 PMI'm lost Tracy. What is not happening to you that is weird?
Maybe it's not crashing. That would be quite weird.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Quote from: Joe on October 14, 2016, 03:11:03 PMI'm lost Tracy. What is not happening to you that is weird?
:laugh:  I'm not losing my toolbar, weird

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on October 17, 2016, 07:58:57 AM
:laugh:  I'm not losing my toolbar, weird

I'm not sure we are talking about the same toolbar Tracy. Have you created one manually across the top via right clicking the toolbar and selecting 'Customize Quick Tools...' and then adding the Pitstop tools to the main Acrobat toolbar. Here is that toolbar with the icons missing when I start DC:

[attachimg=1 width=400]

Here is where they should be:

[attachimg=2 width=400]

I really don't think it is a Pitstop issue as both my Pitstop and Kodak icons are missing at startup most of the time when I first launch Acrobat. The Adobe icons are never missing. Only 3rd party icons.

Tracy

Yes I have a customized toolbar at the top, I'm not having any problems with it disappearing (yet)
I was just showing my alternate toolbar also.

Joe

What version of Pitstop are you using?

zox

Joe, I've had the same issue for the longest time but some time ago it stopped and works fine.
I thought it was some of the updates that fixed it.

Perhaps if you delete preferences and recreate it now, it will work?

Tracy

Joe

Hmmmm...maybe it is because I also have Kodak tools up there?

DigiCorn

I did not install Kodak tools yet (although I did download them). Once we did that mapping thing I posted about, my toolbar has remained intact.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway