News:

Main Menu

Backstage...

Started by geminianspark, June 10, 2010, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Oh...
Check in Backstage, go to the pulldown menu at the top called "Tools" and drag down to "Users".
It will give you a list of all the users and how the username and the real name are set and what privileges each have. If you are an admin, you can change the user rights etc.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Prepress Guy

Hello.

The name of the backstage account you are logged into must be absolutely identical to the name of the OSX account you are using. The OSX account can be easily changed in system preferences - accounts.

Hope that helps

Edit: just saw that you are windows based. I'm sure the same rule applies. Get your Windows user and backstage user aligned and you should be good to go.

David

Welcome to the forums Prepress Guy!

Makes sense, you're probably right. I didn't think of that because I log into all my machines (Macs and PCs) with the same login. It's just easier when you have so many and don't want to waste time trying to remember which is which, and don't want to carry around a bunch of post-it notes, haha!

Livin' la Vida Loca

geminianspark

Welcome Prepress Guy!!   

And yes... you are correct.  That solved the issue.   Thank you soo much for your help.

geminianspark

Next Question:  Should a plato.pdfpla file be able to go directly to a nexus workflow or does it need to be exported to a regular pdf or made a normalized pdf first?   

David

I believe export, they're not the same format.

Not until they complete the migration of Esko/Artworks/Nexus will they be compatible.
Automation 10 is the closest thing so far.
Livin' la Vida Loca