Placing Multi Page PDF

Started by Stiv, July 29, 2009, 03:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Tracy, you get the Thread Resurrection Prize for this week.    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Say wha'? I resurrected an old thread and get nothing!  :cry:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Show me; date, time, place.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

gnubler

Like I remember. Prolly the motorycle thread. I got the scary red text alert that it was 120 days into the deadzone.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Tracy's coming in at 1,247 days revival gap. Will have to think about how to reward you; gotta be equitable about these things.   :undecided:  Makes her deadzone 1,127 days. But I could be reading that wrong.

gnubler

She wins. I'm sure there are many many threads here that Joe hopes are never revived again.  :embarrassed:

Tracy

Quote from: gnubler on May 22, 2013, 11:21:49 PMSay wha'? I resurrected an old thread and get nothing!  :cry:
:laugh:
what's really funny is I already had the script :grin:
I was in the apple script pallet instead of the java :embarrassed:

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on May 22, 2013, 11:24:33 PMLike I remember. Prolly the motorycle thread. I got the scary red text alert that it was 120 days into the deadzone.
I get that ALL the time.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Quote from: t-pat on May 22, 2013, 12:56:28 PMI use this script MultiPageImporter2.5JJB.jsx (attached) which gives you placement options, reverse order of pages, offsets, what box to use, etc.
***bump***

This just saved my life. I forgot this thread was here and went and got the script here --> http://indesignsecrets.com/zanelli-releases-multipageimporter-for-importing-both-pdf-and-indd-files.php
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 30, 2013, 10:10:45 AM
Quote from: t-pat on May 22, 2013, 12:56:28 PMI use this script MultiPageImporter2.5JJB.jsx (attached) which gives you placement options, reverse order of pages, offsets, what box to use, etc.
***bump***

This just saved my life. I forgot this thread was here and went and got the script here --> http://indesignsecrets.com/zanelli-releases-multipageimporter-for-importing-both-pdf-and-indd-files.php

that shit is awesome.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Slappy

Quote from: frailer on December 21, 2009, 03:49:16 AM...I think the answer might be to use this instead.   PDF Import/Place  It's got the 9-point placement buttons.
Guess this is dead in 10.7, as I get the icon crossed out symbol. I really liked the 9-point interface but I guess the MultiPageImporter2.5JJB that runs inside of InDesign will have to do now. :sadface:

I need to install CC soon, does that one work to anybody's knowledge?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

That link is dead. Do you have the script file? I've had success editing them in the past.

Considering CC as well right now but no idea if it has it or how well it works.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

This is the one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/430620/PDF%20Multipage%20Import-OSX.zip

I have a feeling it won't work becasue of the Sandboxing in 10.7 - aren't there restrictions now on loading apps that aren't Apple Approved?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

gnubler

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on December 27, 2013, 01:11:25 PMThis is the one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/430620/PDF%20Multipage%20Import-OSX.zip

I have a feeling it won't work becasue of the Sandboxing in 10.7 - aren't there restrictions now on loading apps that aren't Apple Approved?

You can override that setting to allow all apps.

I will take a look at this and see if I can do anything with it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.