by delooch
October 22, 2014, 02:43:06 PM

xx

xx
Interactive InDesign document??
by youston
October 22, 2014, 05:34:32 AM

User Info

Welcome to B4Print.com. Please login or register.

Top Poster

gnubler gnubler
28,252 Posts
Joe Joe
27,883 Posts
DigitalCrapShoveler DigitalCrapShoveler
22,078 Posts
david david
12,968 Posts
Ear Ear
12,547 Posts

Forum Staff

Admin Admin
Administrator
Joe Joe
Administrator
david david
Global Moderator
frailer frailer
Global Moderator

Topic: Web Developer (Read 3216 times) previous topic - next topic

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Web Developer
For anyone that is doing web design/development I would highly recommend this add-on for Firefox. Most helpful thing I've found lately.

Web Developer
  • Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:26:50 AM by Joe
Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks | Prinergy 6.0.4 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

The wealth of the one percent richest people in the world amounts to $110 trillion. That's 65 times the total wealth of the bottom half of the world's population. The bottom half of the world's population owns the same as the richest 85 people in the world.

• gnubler
Re: Web Developer
Reply #1
I use it quite a bit - it's fantastic. Has several bugs which are covered over at the developer's website. A big one is the disappearance of background images declared in the CSS when you're using the CSS editor. That alone almost cripples my attempts at doing live editing of the CSS.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Reply #2
I tried to download the firefox addon Web Developer and I got an error message and I don't know how to proceed. add the steps of downloading web developer.

• gnubler
Reply #3
I still use this regularly in addition to Firebug.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #4
Downloaded via Firefox add-on manager for me. I too use it all of the time.
Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks | Prinergy 6.0.4 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

The wealth of the one percent richest people in the world amounts to $110 trillion. That's 65 times the total wealth of the bottom half of the world's population. The bottom half of the world's population owns the same as the richest 85 people in the world.

• david
  • Global Moderator
  • Avast! Ye scurvy dog!
Reply #5
ok, noob time here...

what is this used for?

how does it help you?

Can you tell I know nothing about web dev?
Premedia Supervisor / Systems Manager
Mac -  OS X10.8.5   3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon • PC - Windows 7
Esko-Artworks Suite 7 R6 • Prinergy V5.3.01 with Preps 6
HP 5000 • Epson 9900 • Epson 7900 • Kodak Approval XP • Lotem 800 Platesetters • Kodak FlexCel • Xerox 700

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #6
It's an add-on for firefox that will show you a lot of relevant info about objects on a web site. Colors, images, CSS, etc...

• david
  • Global Moderator
  • Avast! Ye scurvy dog!
Reply #7
I was reading about the "User Agent Switching". Is this something that's done pretty regularly, or is it just for hackers that want to spoof a browser?
Premedia Supervisor / Systems Manager
Mac -  OS X10.8.5   3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon • PC - Windows 7
Esko-Artworks Suite 7 R6 • Prinergy V5.3.01 with Preps 6
HP 5000 • Epson 9900 • Epson 7900 • Kodak Approval XP • Lotem 800 Platesetters • Kodak FlexCel • Xerox 700

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #8
Yes it is fairly regular. Most web sites probably already do this every time you visit their site. I used to do it here until the mod quit working that determined if you were using a mobile browser.