now ya see me - now ya dont
by Joe
November 24, 2014, 03:36:26 PM

xx
FusionPro slipsheet
by DCurry
November 24, 2014, 03:27:49 PM

User Info

Welcome to B4Print.com. Please login or register.

Top Poster

gnubler gnubler
28,252 Posts
Joe Joe
28,249 Posts
DigitalCrapShoveler DigitalCrapShoveler
22,650 Posts
david david
13,051 Posts
Ear Ear
12,898 Posts

Forum Staff

Admin Admin
Administrator
Joe Joe
Administrator
david david
Global Moderator
frailer frailer
Global Moderator

Topic: Design Challange. . . . (Read 12231 times) previous topic - next topic

• Lammy
  • Prepress Monkey
Design Challange. . . .
OK I'm burnt and can't come up with anything I'm liking so I figure I'll give all yous guys a crack at it.

I need a logo. Biggest catch is it's for letterpress so some limitations do apply. I can get a metal or polymer plate made for it so your not stuck to movable type ;) screens are most likely out of the question though. The logo is for Full Metal Press.

Have at it.
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • Heidelberg SB Cylinder

Re: Design Challange. . . .
Reply #1
Full Metal Press

That is the logo company you need help with. and it is going to print on a letter press?
"dyslexics have more fnu"

• david
  • Global Moderator
  • Avast! Ye scurvy dog!
Reply #2
what type of business is it and how many colors?
Premedia Supervisor / Systems Manager
Mac -  OS X10.8.5   3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon • PC - Windows 7
Esko-Artworks Suite 7 R6 • Prinergy V5.3.01 with Preps 6
HP 5000 • Epson 9900 • Epson 7900 • Kodak Approval XP • Lotem 800 Platesetters • Kodak FlexCel • Xerox 700

• EyeTech
  • Don't you dare peek at my
Reply #3
We all run on empty sometimes. (Me more than most)

I like to trawl through this site to get a few ideas..

http://www.misipile.com/

...clean and simple solids are what you'd need for a letterpress job - or you could go for a blind emboss if it's for stationery.

'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

• gnubler
Reply #4
Cool...you typed "challange" exactly how I pronounce it when I'm trying to sound French, spoken with a sultry sh at the beginning.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Reply #5

Cool...you typed "challange" exactly how I pronounce it when I'm trying to sound French, spoken with a sultry sh at the beginning.

Seig Heil Grammar Nazi!
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• gnubler
Reply #6
'Tis my calling in life. I stay pretty busy going through every blog on the Internet, leaving comments on posts that have spelling & grammar errors in them. You do realize I'm going to change the world, one typo at a time.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

• ninjaPB_43
  • Head Ninja In Corporate America (Tha HNICA)
Reply #7

'Tis my calling in life. I stay pretty busy going through every blog on the Internet, leaving comments on posts that have spelling & grammar errors in them. You do realize, I'm going to change the world , one typo at a time.

:ninja:
  • Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:20:27 AM by ninjaPB_43
Tkae your pants off fella.   :lmao:

• gnubler
Reply #8

'Tis my calling in life. I stay pretty busy going through every blog on the Internet, leaving comments on posts that have spelling & grammar errors in them. You do realize, I'm going to change the world , one typo at a time.

:ninja:

You! Do realize, I'm going to change the world. One. Typo. At. A. Time.

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #9
Back. On. Topic.
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• Lammy
  • Prepress Monkey
Reply #10
yeah ummm speeling challenges aside. . . . Grow up the lot of you, huh.

This will be used in letterpress printing either as a metal cut with lead type or on a photopolymer plate. Single color no screens is preferable.

It's not a business exactly. It's a Private Press. Basically some geek in his basement printing things for entertainment. ;)
  • Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:45:31 AM by Lammy
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • Heidelberg SB Cylinder

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #11
Kind of limiting without screens. Can't do the soft shadow, inner bevel, outer glow, reflection that is required in design class. Here is my lame and predictable effort though.
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• tapdn
Reply #12
nice :wink:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Reply #13
As is in all things, so must go into the night.

• almaink
  • Profeebfilefixer
Reply #14
Here are my two feeble attempts at design, they look better in Illy.

• Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:19:18 AM by almaink
OS10.6.8  OS10.5.8
Winblows Server 2003
Winblows 7
RAMPage JVX version 12.1b8
Javalen 8 up Platesetter
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.