Spot UV from Photoshop
by frailer
December 17, 2014, 11:39:40 PM

xx
Amazon's new Fire TV box
by Joe
December 17, 2014, 04:28:50 PM

xx
Just in case somebody should need OS 9....
by Ear
December 17, 2014, 04:11:12 PM

xx
Rampage v13 to XMF or Prinergy?
by Joe
December 17, 2014, 04:01:43 PM

xx
Esko Imaging Engine - anyone have it?
by andyfest
December 17, 2014, 12:57:05 PM

xx

xx
Stroke turns into a Fill
by DigitalCrapShoveler
December 17, 2014, 10:56:20 AM

xx
excel hell
by Tracy
December 17, 2014, 09:13:43 AM

xx
Kodak Thermal Head 2 and Lotem VA 400
by andygreen
December 17, 2014, 02:17:01 AM

clip
Convert to Destination
by DigitalCrapShoveler
December 16, 2014, 01:25:17 PM

User Info

Welcome to B4Print.com. Please login or register.

Top Poster

Joe Joe
28,395 Posts
gnubler gnubler
28,261 Posts
DigitalCrapShoveler DigitalCrapShoveler
22,698 Posts
david david
13,108 Posts
Ear Ear
12,999 Posts

Forum Staff

Admin Admin
Administrator
Joe Joe
Administrator
david david
Global Moderator
frailer frailer
Global Moderator

Topic: Email Form and GoDaddy Host (Read 4174 times) previous topic - next topic

• Slappy
Email Form and GoDaddy Host
Friend of mine who is getting (back) into some web work is doing a simple site that includes a form with an email directed to his client. They host through GoDaddy, and is being instructed that in order for it to reach the recipient, it has to point to their server and then be re-directed to the clients email. Is that the norm, I would have thought it could point directly to the client's email addy?

I think he's still using GoLive CS2, not sure that makes a difference though.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

• gnubler
Re: Email Form and GoDaddy Host
Reply #1
Godaddy sucks. Just ask Joe.

I just made a site with a simple contact form. I used the script here:

http://css-tricks.com/nice-and-simple-contact-form/

Simple. Just put the recipient's email addy in the PHP file, do a little more tweaking, and it should work.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #2
I agree with gnubler...that is not correct. Take a look at this site as well as gnublers script:

How do I set up a web based email form

And yes I also agree with gnubler that godaddy sucks.
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• gnubler
Reply #3
Actually, setting up forms is kind of sucky. If you're hand-coding one for a small site you have to worry about spam - it's inevitable. In the simple form I just did I used a CSS trick to trap spambots and send their form submissions into the netherworld. There are other techniques, too. If you have any questions, just ask me.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #4

Actually, setting up forms is kind of sucky. If you're hand-coding one for a small site you have to worry about spam - it's inevitable. In the simple form I just did I used a CSS trick to trap spambots and send their form submissions into the netherworld. There are other techniques, too. If you have any questions, just ask me.

Is there anyway to send the spam back to them? That would be sweet justice. :grin:
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• gnubler
Reply #5

Is there anyway to send the spam back to them? That would be sweet justice. :grin:

Better not. I just got a lucrative offer from Burkina Faso a couple days ago - I think I'm gonna go baitin' and have fun with this one, keep them busy.

• Slappy
Reply #6
Cool, thanks guys! I'll mention the Spam thing to him, not sure if he's though of that angle.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.