Skip to main content

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome to B4Print.com. Please login or register.

Top Poster

Joe Joe
28,423 Posts
gnubler gnubler
28,261 Posts
DigitalCrapShoveler DigitalCrapShoveler
22,701 Posts
david david
13,111 Posts
Ear Ear
13,005 Posts

Forum Staff

Admin Admin
Administrator
Joe Joe
Administrator
david david
Global Moderator
frailer frailer
Global Moderator

Topic: QR codes (Read 18643 times) previous topic - next topic

• gnubler
Re: QR codes
Reply #210
What? You have whipped me 80 times more than I've whipped.  :blank:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Reply #211

What? You have whipped me 80 times more than I've whipped.   :sarcasm:

FIXED
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

• gnubler
Reply #212
I just scrolled thru recent posts and half of them are you whipping everybody multiple times.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Reply #213

I just scrolled thru recent posts and half of them are you whipping everybody multiple times.

whipping everybody? Angelic me?  :angel:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

• Slappy
Reply #214
Mark my words, you will be seeing QR tats in the very near future. It'll be like Holocaust branding, but voluntarily.

Will be seeing? Yeah, they kinda got the jump on that already...
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

• gnubler
Reply #215
Told ya. Mike Judge is YEARS ahead of us.

Unscannable!

Reply #216
I went to a seminar where QR codes were also on the agenda. I must admit that some of examples shown that went beyond the simple 'click here to go to a web site' were pretty interesting. Scan the code on a poster to add the concert to your agenda - kinda neat! The presenter didn't show any tombstone codes - I guess those are old hat by now.
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

• Slappy
Reply #217
Yeah, I've done a few that will create an Event in the device's Calendar upon scanning. Good for seminars or things you want people to sign up for & remember. I also just did some on static cling for our building doors that automatically let FourSquare users Check-In when they arrive here. Trying to get the Mgmt to offer some kind of Free Thing every X number of visits.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #218
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• Ear
  • a merkin
Reply #219
I wonder if they actually work.  :rolleyes:
my grandmother did her raccoons that way...
If someone doesn't snag this as a signature, I don't want to live in this world anymore.

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #220

Oh, you want them to work? That costs extra.
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• Ear
  • a merkin
Reply #221

Oh, you want them to work? That costs extra.

Kind of like bindery people?
my grandmother did her raccoons that way...
If someone doesn't snag this as a signature, I don't want to live in this world anymore.

• gnubler
Reply #222

Like the barcode I got last year in the shape of a handgun. :laugh:

• Slappy
Reply #223

About 3/4 of them did for me - iPhone 4 with either QuickMark or Qrafter. Hard to say if they'd do an better in print instead of on the screen. Of the ones that did scan though, not many go to mobile optimized pages - Fail.

• delooch
Reply #224