Skip to main content

Recent Topics

User Info

Welcome to B4Print.com. Please login or register.

Top Poster

gnubler gnubler
28,252 Posts
Joe Joe
27,881 Posts
DigitalCrapShoveler DigitalCrapShoveler
22,072 Posts
david david
12,964 Posts
Ear Ear
12,547 Posts

Forum Staff

Admin Admin
Administrator
Joe Joe
Administrator
david david
Global Moderator
frailer frailer
Global Moderator

Topic: Animated Banner Ad (Read 3930 times) previous topic - next topic

Animated Banner Ad
No problem I said I can do that. I have agreed to do an animated ad 440 pixels wide by 60 pixels high. Can anyone get on the road to success? It looks like Photoshop and part PhotoReady for the timing. Product will be name badges that office sausages wear in a corporate retail environment.

Here is the "sample"

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Re: Animated Banner Ad
Reply #1
A true geek would do it with Flash. :tongue:

I'm sure it can be done as an animated gif. Where is Rat when you need him?
Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks | Prinergy 6.0.4 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

The wealth of the one percent richest people in the world amounts to $110 trillion. That's 65 times the total wealth of the bottom half of the world's population. The bottom half of the world's population owns the same as the richest 85 people in the world.

• youston
Reply #2
Gif Builder:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/235

Basically, you draw each frame, load them all into gif builder and hit go ... haven't played with it in awhile, so I don't know what you can control (as far as the speed of the animation goes).

Edit: Ah, here it is:

What's more, GifBuilder lets you control pixel depth, the color palette, dithering, size, interlacing, transparency, interframe delay, disposal method, frames position, and looping.
  • Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:16:27 AM by youston

• born2print
Reply #3
I'm filling in for Rat today, here's a link I think he posted originally, it's the good 'ol fashioned Pshop way to do it:
http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/build-animated-gifs-in-photoshop/

I'm not too current on the internet and pretty much avoid it unless posting on b4p or buying tampons & knives on Amazon.
Prinergy 5.1.2.1.4
w/ Epson 9900s and Trendsetter/Spectrums
Quad 2.8 GHz Intel Macs running 10.6.8 or later
UpFront & InSite

• youston
Reply #4

I'm filling in for Rat today, here's a link I think he posted originally, it's the good 'ol fashioned Pshop way to do it:
http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/build-animated-gifs-in-photoshop/

Your sig is just cruel.  :laugh:

• born2print
Reply #5
Why Youston, I do believe you are correct.

I'm not too current on the internet and pretty much avoid it unless posting on b4p or buying tampons & knives on Amazon.
Prinergy 5.1.2.1.4
UpFront & InSite

• youston
Reply #6

Why Youston, I do believe you are correct.

I'll save that one for later. I'm rather fond of the three that I have now. Plus, I've got one from over at PrintPlanet (from someone who I'm assuming hangs out here, too) that I've been meaning to add.

Thanks, though. Must be fulfilling to have your beliefs validated.

• born2print
Reply #7
OMG Youston! You're SO big!!!11

Prinergy 5.1.2.1.4
UpFront & InSite

• youston
Reply #8

OMG Youston! You're SO big!!!11

:pokes belly: :hears Pillsbury Dough Boy laugh:  :embarrassed:

• mwc
  • Telepathy expert in a mindless environment.
Reply #9

....Product will be name badges that office sausages wear in a corporate retail environment.....

Is this for LCD nametags? That's cool! (I can see hackers making this technology very interesting....imagine wearing the thing for a few hours AND then some 'inappropriate' words/images/videos are displayed...  :evil:
http://www.sgmonitor.com/index.php?cPath=46&osCsid=f887ca0c0ecc5b5a27441a92c19d5227
Rampage 13.0 | Fuji Javelin CTP (Screen 8600z) | Hyphen IMPOproof w/2 Canon 8300s | Epson 9880 w/gmg DotProof and ProofControl | Preps 5.3 | Rumpus FTP | SM-74 presses | Bag o'/cheetos |

Reply #10
Thanks for the links Born and Youston. Youston the Gifbuilder craps out on the save when using an Intel. That was interesting exercise.

Interesting idea mwc imagine a name plate that says "Debbie" and someone changes the plate to "does Dallas" randomly. Could be great fun. :evil:

• youston
Reply #11

Thanks for the links Born and Youston. Youston the Gifbuilder craps out on the save when using an Intel. That was interesting exercise.

Interesting idea mwc imagine a name plate that says "Debbie" and someone changes the plate to "does Dallas" randomly. Could be great fun. :evil:

Sorry about that. Haven't used it since the OS9 days.

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Reply #12
Ahhhh, the OS9 days.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• tapdn
Reply #13
Ahhhh, the OS 6 days!!! :evil:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Reply #14
EEEk! I don't know about that!?! Hahahahahahah! At least OS7. I didn't care for pre-multi-finder.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction