August 22, 2014, 02:52:39 AM

Author Topic: Sega Dreamcast  (Read 2158 times)

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Sig-1 Graphics
Sega Dreamcast
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:44:09 PM »
Probably not the right place to post, but I am building an arcade-type machine in my garage with a flat panel widescreen tv and a few classic game systems, mainly a Sega Dreamcast. I am looking for an old Dreamcast Arcade Stick. I have found a few on eBay, Amazon and Craig's List, but the sellers are asking too much for them. I just thought I'd post and see what kind of feedback I'd get. When complete, it will look something like this: http://www.dreamarcades.com/upr.shtml
Canon ImagePress C6000VP • Canon ImageRunner 110 • Epson Stylus Pro 7880 • Komori Lithrone 26 6-color • Screen PlateRite 4100 • Xerox 4110

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” -Humphrey Bogart

Offline Skryber

• Ninja Master
  • Shit in Shit out.
Re: Sega Dreamcast
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »
Probably not the right place to post, but I am building an arcade-type machine in my garage with a flat panel widescreen tv and a few classic game systems, mainly a Sega Dreamcast. I am looking for an old Dreamcast Arcade Stick. I have found a few on eBay, Amazon and Craig's List, but the sellers are asking too much for them. I just thought I'd post and see what kind of feedback I'd get. When complete, it will look something like this: http://www.dreamarcades.com/upr.shtml

Are you looking for one like this?

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 04:32:42 PM »
That's the one!
Canon ImagePress C6000VP • Canon ImageRunner 110 • Epson Stylus Pro 7880 • Komori Lithrone 26 6-color • Screen PlateRite 4100 • Xerox 4110

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” -Humphrey Bogart

Offline Skryber

• Ninja Master
  • Shit in Shit out.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 05:53:22 PM »
I had 2 and one I gave to someone and the other I have to look for when I get home. I haven't seen it in awhile. It might be back at my P's house. I remember they were expensive then too. Memories..........I used to pay Giga Wing so much I had dreams about it. Woke up in a nervous sweat. That game was the reason why I bought those joysticks. Best Dreamcast game ever, IMO. Actually, that game was the reason why I got a Dreamcast.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 05:54:23 PM by Skryber »
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Offline Farabomb

• When did I become a
  • Ninja Master
  • Remember your towel
    • My other job
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 05:59:27 PM »
I was lusting for a dreamcast just to relive the days of getting shitfaced and playing Sega Bass Fishing for hours and hours on end. I stopped at gamestop.... and noticed they ported it to Wii. I was quite happy and all was well with the world. Till I had to go to work.
Fbomb, Just another uncool B4 member. One of the Glorious Assholes of prepress.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

what's a bonus?

Most places it is pronounced "bone-us".

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 02:28:41 PM »
I was a big Phantasy Star Online player on DC, and followed it to GC, but it died there. Punch Out for the Wii is the best Wii game ever! Anyway, I just want to incorporate the joystick into a stand-up arcade machine I am building. Mostly I like sports games, but Bomberman is hella fun if you can get 4 players and of course I like the standard Mario fare. All the Rare games (Conker, Banjo, etc.) are fun too.

Back when PSO was big, I had the DC keyboard and played via dial-up. Later I got the broadband adapter for the DC. It can still be used as a slow web browser.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:29:30 PM by digital@sig-1.com »

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 09:17:50 AM »
I had 2 and one I gave to someone and the other I have to look for when I get home. I haven't seen it in awhile. It might be back at my P's house. I remember they were expensive then too. Memories..........I used to pay Giga Wing so much I had dreams about it. Woke up in a nervous sweat. That game was the reason why I bought those joysticks. Best Dreamcast game ever, IMO. Actually, that game was the reason why I got a Dreamcast.  :laugh:
Did you ever find it, and/or are you willing to sell it? For what price are you thinking?

Offline Skryber

• Ninja Master
  • Shit in Shit out.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 10:57:08 AM »
Did you ever find it, and/or are you willing to sell it? For what price are you thinking?

It's not at my house. It may be at my parent's house or I gave it away. I don't recall but the next time I talk to them, I will ask if they have seen it. They have boxes of my old systems over there but I have my Dreamcast so I figured it would be with all that stuff, but it isn't. I have a feeling it's gone. It's been years.  :cry:

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 11:08:33 AM »
awww.... man those things (the sticks) have held their value. They retailed for $50 or so new, and that's about what they go for now. They repro ones are $20 on Amazon brand new, but the Sega brand is hard to find. When you do find one, the guy wants anywhere from $40 to $130 for it. Amazon is the worst - 3 there now between $89 and $128 used. I found one on Craig's List but the guy won't drop his price below $80. I think if I take my chances on eBay I can get a working one in good shape for about $50.

Offline Skryber

• Ninja Master
  • Shit in Shit out.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 11:19:42 AM »
awww.... man those things (the sticks) have held their value. They retailed for $50 or so new, and that's about what they go for now. They repro ones are $20 on Amazon brand new, but the Sega brand is hard to find. When you do find one, the guy wants anywhere from $40 to $130 for it. Amazon is the worst - 3 there now between $89 and $128 used. I found one on Craig's List but the guy won't drop his price below $80. I think if I take my chances on eBay I can get a working one in good shape for about $50.

Ebay has some for $50.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=sega+dreamcast+joystick&_sacat=See-All-Categories

2 Buy It Nows, one for 49 and one for 50.

edit: Don't buy the 49 dollar one. Expensive shipping and seller is iffy.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:21:41 AM by Skryber »

Offline DigiCorn

• 私は〜です
  • Supreme Ninja
    • Sig-1 Graphics
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 12:15:52 PM »
I just bit the bullet and bought one for $49. I was hoping to get one cheaper, but c'est la vie. It's only money, right?

My brother-in-law came over the other night and we drug out all the old school games I downloaded for Wii or had for classic consoles. Elevator Action, Dig Dug, Galaga, Tempest... we had a blast. I can't wait to get all the parts so I can build this classic arcade style upright. I saw a 23" Vizio 720p HDTV at Target the other day, open box for $161. 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, too. I think I'm going to go back and get it to be the screen for my box. That way I can set up MAME through DVI (or HDMI if I spring for a decent video card) and run the DC through the component input.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:26:20 PM by digital@sig-1.com »

anything