by DigitalCrapShoveler
December 19, 2014, 06:15:19 AM

question

xx
Spot UV from Photoshop
by Joe
December 18, 2014, 01:33:33 PM

xx
Just in case somebody should need OS 9....
by david
December 18, 2014, 10:27:46 AM

User Info

Welcome to B4Print.com. Please login or register.

Top Poster

Joe Joe
28,438 Posts
gnubler gnubler
28,261 Posts
DigitalCrapShoveler DigitalCrapShoveler
22,710 Posts
david david
13,112 Posts
Ear Ear
13,007 Posts

Forum Staff

Admin Admin
Administrator
Joe Joe
Administrator
david david
Global Moderator
frailer frailer
Global Moderator

Topic: Real World Illustrator (Read 9527 times) previous topic - next topic

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
  • S W Pacific Night Mod, Sydney, Australia
Real World Illustrator
just a prompt for people to subscribe to this, if they're interested.

http://rwillustrator.blogspot.com

Mordy Golding's "thing". There's a good archive available.

The emails aren't all that frequent.
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He spoke better English than Abbott, and wondered for a moment who this creepy fuckwit was."
~~~~~~

• gnubler
Re: Real World Illustrator
Reply #1
I bought one of Morty's AI manuals a few years ago when I was learning Illy. One of the "Learn in 24 Hours" series...which took me more like 24 days because I did one chapter every evening. I''d like to read his blog to see if there's anything about dealing with transparency.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #2
Probably shoulda Stickied this before... :D. It's "Sticky" moment has certainly arrived now.  ;D
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
"He spoke better English than Abbott, and wondered for a moment who this creepy fuckwit was."
~~~~~~

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3

Mordy's rundown on Illy CS4.

http://rwillustrator.blogspot.com/2008/09/illustrator-cs4-facts.html

...and Separations Preview.    :grin:
  • Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:38:56 AM by frailer
~~~~~~

• almaink
  • Profeebfilefixer
Reply #4
Great read frailer. To bad Sep preview is so bare bones. I wonder why they couldn't have included one like in Acrobat and InDesign, including an ink manager.
OS10.6.8  OS10.5.8
Winblows Server 2003
Winblows 7
RAMPage JVX version 12.1b8
Javalen 8 up Platesetter
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.

Reply #5
If we all tell adobe we need the ink magnager it will pop up there, in some version ;P

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #6

Mordy's done a more complete run-down on CS4 Illy here:

http://www.creativepro.com/article/review-adobe-illustrator-cs4

at creativepro
~~~~~~

• hotmetal
  • Let's play Thermonuclear War!
Reply #7
How about this great feature:

Drag Images from Web Browser directly into Document. If you've ever tried to drag an image directly from a web browser like Safari into Illustrator, you've experienced the frustration that many others face. Illustrator CS4 finally addresses this issue and you can now blissfully drag images directly into AI from your favorite browser.

Whoo hooo! Utter bliss!
"backing up every one of his "conspiracy theories" is solid reporting, public records ..."  -- youston

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Reply #8
Goddamit. WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #9

Betcha Freehand can't do that! :tongue:
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Reply #10

Betcha Freehand can't do that! :tongue:

THANK CHRIST! I built a calendar for a local radio station in Freehand this weekend, BLISS, absolute BLISS! I miss it so.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• gnubler
Reply #11

How about this great feature:

Drag Images from Web Browser directly into Document. If you've ever tried to drag an image directly from a web browser like Safari into Illustrator, you've experienced the frustration that many others face. Illustrator CS4 finally addresses this issue and you can now blissfully drag images directly into AI from your favorite browser.

Whoo hooo! Utter bliss!

So Adobe is actually regressing and going all PAP-style now? WTF would they add this "feature". Anti-prepress?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

• david
  • Global Moderator
  • Avast! Ye scurvy dog!
Reply #12
all-righty!

we finally have the answer to "where did you get that low res image?"
Premedia Supervisor / Systems Manager
Mac -  OS X10.8.5   3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon • PC - Windows 7
Esko-Artworks Suite 7 R6 • Prinergy V5.3.01 with Preps 6
HP 5000 • Epson 9900 • Epson 7900 • Kodak Approval XP • Lotem 800 Platesetters • Kodak FlexCel • Xerox 700

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #13
Probably the number 1 requested feature...by designers. :death:
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Reply #14
Adobe hates Prepress. For the love of Joe, why do they forsake us so.... THERE IS NOOOO GOD!

Desingers all over the globe are dancing on our corpses! It's like the final scene in Return of The Jedi!

This is why JDF and full automation will NEVER work! T'anks Adobe! Must be taking lessons from Quark.