News:

Main Menu

CMYK text

Started by frailer, November 21, 2011, 03:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Head Girl phones 1st thing in panic. She has a 'pass-through' job, from NY to Singapore. A side-client complaining about 1 page which is showing 100K text, but also a lower mix of C,M,Y. She has original Indy docs. I don't have access to look. She wonders why our (my) PDF Export presets are not 'fixing' this on Export.
I tentatively suggested it may be beyond the limitations of Export presets. Guessing that text may have been Pasted from Word, or summin'
She's saying that when she turns off Black on Seps Preview in Indy, there's no other colours. (I don't see how that's possible. On test, XMF fixed it on the fly, but it's going somewhere else, and they're complaining.
Thoughts?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Could be RGB pasted in from Word/Excel etc. Will convert to 4 color build at output. Make sure that text is changed to K100 in Indy before outputting PDF.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

For someone who's been on a Mac/Quack since 1995'ish, I'd 'a thought she'd be doing it with eyes wide shut.   :rolleyes:  Further calls continue, amongst all the other shit.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on November 21, 2011, 04:17:56 PMFor someone who's been on a Mac/Quack since 1995'ish, I'd 'a thought she'd be doing it with eyes wide shut.   :rolleyes:  Further calls continue, amongst all the other shit.

It probably looks black on her screen. :sarcasm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Could be color management converting it to a rich black. I've seen profiles do that, add some cmy into it to make it "fit" the profile.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

I think we were both chasing phantoms. An early morning thing....   :tapedshut:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Definitely sounds like a profile problem/not problem to me. Take that woman out of the equation and you'd probably not have 99% of your problems.
Member #285 - Civilian

WharfRat

Try ...
Get the file into the proper output space in Illustrator
then
save the file as PDF
WITHOUT embedding a profile.

MSD