Skip to main content

Recent Topics

Topic: Comic Sans fights back (Read 4422 times) previous topic - next topic

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Comic Sans fights back
Peon/Cog

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria."
― Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Re: Comic Sans fights back
Reply #1
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

• Skryber
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
The Loius Vuitton logo is just so fitting.  :sarcasm:

We can probably skip the sarcasm emoticon in this thread and just assume for all.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

• Skryber
  • [*][*]
Reply #3
Actually, the Microsoft logo with that font IS fitting. -=no sarcasm=-
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

• delooch
  • [*]
  • Space Pirate for Hire
Reply #4
whats worse than comic sans? PIXELATED comic sans!

http://okfoc.us/pixelcomicsans/
Hey, son, I'll give ya my authorization code. It's E-A, T-M, E.

Reply #5

whats worse than comic sans? PIXELATED comic sans!

http://okfoc.us/pixelcomicsans/

[glow=red,2,300]
Wow! The Holy Grail of fonts!
[/glow]

Reply #6
These are really fun versions of brand logos. Comic Sans has never been a good typography for logos. (The pixelated ones are more fun.) Good typography is invisible typography still.

• Farabomb
  • [*][*][*]
  • Spec 86 cup racing
Reply #7
 :toaster:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

• gnubler
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #8
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #9
oldie, but still a goodie

Peon/Cog

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria."
― Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

• gnubler
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10
They kinda overdid it with the e-points, too. Maroons!  :whip:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

• delooch
  • [*]
  • Space Pirate for Hire
Reply #11
this made me laugh... dont know if its been posted here before

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/im-comic-sans-asshole
Hey, son, I'll give ya my authorization code. It's E-A, T-M, E.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #12
 :lmao:

Makes me like it just a bit more.
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 7.0.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2015 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it since you're not that bright.

• gnubler
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #13
Enough of this bullshit. I'm gonna go get hammered with Papyrus.

:goodpost:

• Stiv
  • [*]
Reply #14
My son has these McSweeney books everywhere. They are F'n mind-boggling on how they are put together. One is a double spine nightmare, I can't figure out some of the others.

this made me laugh... dont know if its been posted here before

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/im-comic-sans-asshole