Separating reader spreads PDF in single page PDF
by Andy
November 20, 2014, 10:23:59 AM

wink
QuarkXPress Document Converter
by hotmetal
November 19, 2014, 09:29:21 PM

User Info

Welcome to B4Print.com. Please login or register.

Top Poster

gnubler gnubler
28,252 Posts
Joe Joe
28,215 Posts
DigitalCrapShoveler DigitalCrapShoveler
22,610 Posts
david david
13,048 Posts
Ear Ear
12,885 Posts

Forum Staff

Admin Admin
Administrator
Joe Joe
Administrator
david david
Global Moderator
frailer frailer
Global Moderator

Topic: Plugins- CS5 cannot open file? (Read 36662 times) previous topic - next topic

• Tracy
Re: Plugins- CS5 cannot open file?
Reply #15
yeah, I find it hard to believe you guys can't open CS5.5 with CS5
that is so ridiculous

• Farabomb
  • Nice beaver
Reply #16
Adobe doesn't think so.
Fbomb, Just another uncool B4 member. One of the Glorious Assholes of prepress.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

what's a bonus?
Most places it is pronounced "bone-us".
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Reply #17
 :laugh: :laugh: True. They are lovin' it all the way to the bank.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #18

yeah, I find it hard to believe you guys can't open CS5.5 with CS5
that is so ridiculous

Adobe doesn't think so.

:laugh: :laugh: True. They are lovin' it all the way to the bank.

Indeed. If you could open 5.5 files with 5 why would you bother buying 5.5? Adobe does know what it is doing. Just like skipping a version on upgrades doesn't save you any money as the farther back you upgrade the more expensive it gets so you pay for the version you skipped before it is all said and done.
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Reply #19
Had so much fun trying to downsave a Quark file on my boss' computer the other day. Didn't realize you had to actually select what version you were downsaving it to or else it would save it in the same version.
We've had a couple of InDesign 5.5 files come in and it took researching online to figure out why we couldn't open them in CS5.
Mac OS 10.6.8
iGen 3/ iGen 4

"With a great deal of patience and plenty of saliva, the elephant deflowered the mosquito."

R.A.H.

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #20

Had so much fun trying to downsave a Quark file on my boss' computer the other day. Didn't realize you had to actually select what version you were downsaving it to or else it would save it in the same version.
We've had a couple of InDesign 5.5 files come in and it took researching online to figure out why we couldn't open them in CS5.

Welcome to the forum.
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
  • S W Pacific Night Mod, Sydney, Australia
Reply #21

The 'Missing Plugins' is usually the precursor to 'Houston, we have a problem...'   :tonofbricks:
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This is serious as I like to get paid" -Joe.
~~~~~~