June 25, 2015, 10:54:23 PM

xx

Topic: Q2ID vs. 'Import' (Read 3660 times) previous topic - next topic

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • [*][*][*]
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Re: Q2ID vs. 'Import'
Reply #15

I understand what you're saying, but... and I cross fingers/touch wood here..... not had a Q file lob in in, literally, 3 years. Aussies dropped the BigQ like it had Ebola virus. Every now and then, an off-shore one comes in to our dezingers. I can see why it's a risk-assessment thing. I've got Q7.2, and working (a miracle?) on my iMac still. We're so out of touch I couldn't even tell you what version it's on now.  :shrug: I know for sure they are never going to fork out on more Q. Out of my control. I regard getting permission to get Q2ID as a great achievement.

Captain, Captain.... have you not learned what "community" means? You have several members here that would be happy to help you with the job. I can only speak for myself specifically. I stay current on Quark, 9.2 as of right now and would have no problem helping a brother out.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • S W Pacific Night Mod, Sydney, Australia
Reply #16
I know. I would not hesitate to avail myself of your wonderful services, way out on the plains of Oklahoma. But this is Head Girl stuff. She orchestrates and controls everything.    :whip:  (do we have a B&D version of this one Joe?)

"......  I am just a poor boy and my story's..lalalal lal la la........."    :band:
  • Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:01:54 PM by frailer
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He spoke better English than Abbott, and wondered for a moment who this creepy fuckwit was." ~Bob Ellis
~~~~~~

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #17
.... and for anyone curious about Housos
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
"He spoke better English than Abbott, and wondered for a moment who this creepy fuckwit was." ~Bob Ellis
~~~~~~

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • [*][*][*]
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Reply #18

I know. I would not hesitate to avail myself of your wonderful services, way out on the plains of Oklahoma. But this is Head Girl stuff. She orchestrates and controls everything.    :whip:  (do we have a B&D version of this one Joe?)

"......  I am just a poor boy and my story's..lalalal lal la la........."    :band:

The option is available, if you so choose. I can make PDFs for you or whatever you want. Let me know.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #19

That was great!

:lmao:
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

You know you are getting old when work is a lot less fun and fun is a lot more work.

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #20

That was great!

:lmao:

...more over in Off Topic Topics..   :wink:

The option is available, if you so choose. I can make PDFs for you or whatever you want. Let me know.

Thanks DCS, noted.    :cool:
~~~~~~

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #21
Got Q2ID loaded and working. Curiosity... where are the Q2ID files kept? Couldn't see them buried anywhere. Is it a bog-standard plugin?
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:07:37 PM by frailer
~~~~~~

• Tracy
  • [*]
Reply #22
let us know what you find out- I think it is a plugin
can I ask what you paid for it?

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #23

let us know what you find out- I think it is a plugin
can I ask what you paid for it?

AU$217, (not including our 10% value added tax)
~~~~~~

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #24
Finally located the little lurker. 
~~~~~~

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • a merkin
Reply #25
Frailer, I envision you saying that with Steve Irwin accent and excitement.  :tongue:
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

I'm a man but I can change, if I have to, I guess...

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #26

Frailer, I envision you saying that with Steve Irwin accent and excitement.  :tongue:
Crikey!
Unemployed / Retired / Househusband in training

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -Humphrey Bogart

• Tracy
  • [*]
Reply #27
do you have to update the plug in with every cs update?
I noticed it said cs5

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #28
Yes, best Steve Irwin....

Tracy, I'll check the case this morning, (it is a disk). It works in CS5.5, whichever way.
~~~~~~

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #29
Q2ID disk labelled 'Version 5.5'
~~~~~~