mail...He-e-e-elp!
by frailer
Today at 03:07:17 PM

xx
metadata removal
by swampymarsh
Today at 04:53:41 AM

xx
Anyone use the proofing straight from XMF?
by Lyzan
October 18, 2014, 10:58:17 PM

xx
Importing .eal's from ver.7
by swampymarsh
October 18, 2014, 03:47:36 AM

xx
Placing PDFs
by Made in Taiwan
October 17, 2014, 08:33:00 PM

xx
HP Designjet 1050C - Ink Supplier
by delooch
October 17, 2014, 03:09:20 PM

xx
OS X 10.10 'Yosemite'
by Joe
October 17, 2014, 01:26:05 PM

xx
Type KO
by DigitalCrapShoveler
October 17, 2014, 10:45:21 AM

xx
Nexus 9
by Farabomb
October 17, 2014, 06:17:14 AM

User Info

Welcome to B4Print.com. Please login or register.

Top Poster

gnubler gnubler
28,252 Posts
Joe Joe
27,845 Posts
DigitalCrapShoveler DigitalCrapShoveler
22,040 Posts
david david
12,940 Posts
Ear Ear
12,507 Posts

Forum Staff

Admin Admin
Administrator
Joe Joe
Administrator
david david
Global Moderator
frailer frailer
Global Moderator

Topic: Q2ID vs. 'Import' (Read 3620 times) previous topic - next topic

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Re: Q2ID vs. 'Import'
Reply #15

I understand what you're saying, but... and I cross fingers/touch wood here..... not had a Q file lob in in, literally, 3 years. Aussies dropped the BigQ like it had Ebola virus. Every now and then, an off-shore one comes in to our dezingers. I can see why it's a risk-assessment thing. I've got Q7.2, and working (a miracle?) on my iMac still. We're so out of touch I couldn't even tell you what version it's on now.  :shrug: I know for sure they are never going to fork out on more Q. Out of my control. I regard getting permission to get Q2ID as a great achievement.

Captain, Captain.... have you not learned what "community" means? You have several members here that would be happy to help you with the job. I can only speak for myself specifically. I stay current on Quark, 9.2 as of right now and would have no problem helping a brother out.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
  • S W Pacific Night Mod, Sydney, Australia
Reply #16
I know. I would not hesitate to avail myself of your wonderful services, way out on the plains of Oklahoma. But this is Head Girl stuff. She orchestrates and controls everything.    :whip:  (do we have a B&D version of this one Joe?)

"......  I am just a poor boy and my story's..lalalal lal la la........."    :band:
  • Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:01:54 PM by frailer
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Alexander Bell invented the telephone he had three missed calls from Chuck Norris

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #17
.... and for anyone curious about Housos
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
When Alexander Bell invented the telephone he had three missed calls from Chuck Norris

• DigitalCrapShoveler
  • Mighty Joe's Son
Reply #18

I know. I would not hesitate to avail myself of your wonderful services, way out on the plains of Oklahoma. But this is Head Girl stuff. She orchestrates and controls everything.    :whip:  (do we have a B&D version of this one Joe?)

"......  I am just a poor boy and my story's..lalalal lal la la........."    :band:

The option is available, if you so choose. I can make PDFs for you or whatever you want. Let me know.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #19

That was great!

:lmao:
Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks | Prinergy 6.0.4 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

The wealth of the one percent richest people in the world amounts to $110 trillion. That's 65 times the total wealth of the bottom half of the world's population. The bottom half of the world's population owns the same as the richest 85 people in the world.

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #20

That was great!

:lmao:

...more over in Off Topic Topics..   :wink:

The option is available, if you so choose. I can make PDFs for you or whatever you want. Let me know.

Thanks DCS, noted.    :cool:

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #21
Got Q2ID loaded and working. Curiosity... where are the Q2ID files kept? Couldn't see them buried anywhere. Is it a bog-standard plugin?
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:07:37 PM by frailer

• Tracy
Reply #22
let us know what you find out- I think it is a plugin
can I ask what you paid for it?

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #23

let us know what you find out- I think it is a plugin
can I ask what you paid for it?

AU$217, (not including our 10% value added tax)

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #24
Finally located the little lurker. 

• Ear
  • a merkin
Reply #25
Frailer, I envision you saying that with Steve Irwin accent and excitement.  :tongue:
my grandmother did her raccoons that way...
If someone doesn't snag this as a signature, I don't want to live in this world anymore.

• DigiCorn
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #26

Frailer, I envision you saying that with Steve Irwin accent and excitement.  :tongue:
Crikey!
Unemployed / Retired / Househusband in training

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -Humphrey Bogart

• Tracy
Reply #27
do you have to update the plug in with every cs update?
I noticed it said cs5

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #28
Yes, best Steve Irwin....

Tracy, I'll check the case this morning, (it is a disk). It works in CS5.5, whichever way.

• frailer
  • Global Moderator
Reply #29
Q2ID disk labelled 'Version 5.5'