by DigitalCrapShoveler
December 19, 2014, 06:15:19 AM

question

xx
Spot UV from Photoshop
by Joe
December 18, 2014, 01:33:33 PM

xx
Just in case somebody should need OS 9....
by david
December 18, 2014, 10:27:46 AM

User Info

Welcome to B4Print.com. Please login or register.

Top Poster

Joe Joe
28,438 Posts
gnubler gnubler
28,261 Posts
DigitalCrapShoveler DigitalCrapShoveler
22,710 Posts
david david
13,112 Posts
Ear Ear
13,007 Posts

Forum Staff

Admin Admin
Administrator
Joe Joe
Administrator
david david
Global Moderator
frailer frailer
Global Moderator

Topic: Roku (Read 23458 times) previous topic - next topic

• david
  • Global Moderator
  • Avast! Ye scurvy dog!
Re: Roku
Reply #30
EEEEKS!
Premedia Supervisor / Systems Manager
Mac -  OS X10.8.5   3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon • PC - Windows 7
Esko-Artworks Suite 7 R6 • Prinergy V5.3.01 with Preps 6
HP 5000 • Epson 9900 • Epson 7900 • Kodak Approval XP • Lotem 800 Platesetters • Kodak FlexCel • Xerox 700

• t-pat
Reply #31
the rf remote on my original is probably the best rf remote I've ever owned, as far as range and not caring what direction it is pointed.

EDIT:  IR REMOTE doh all these damn acronyms  :old:
  • Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:18:51 PM by t-pat
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #32

The Roku ships, batteries included. Mine must be dead already, because it doesn't act like a UHF/RF remote - it acts like an IR. I swear I read that you could upgrade to the RF remote.

BTW, here's a page from the manual. RTFM yourself  :lmao:

That's for the wireless network signal. Not the remote.
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• DigiCorn
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #33
shhhh! I got 'im on the ropes.
Unemployed / Retired / Househusband in training

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -Humphrey Bogart

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #34
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | Prinergy 6.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

• Farabomb
  • I have the holiday sprit
Reply #35
That AV rack sounds like an enclosure to me.  :tongue:

Fbomb, Just another uncool B4 member. One of the Glorious Assholes of prepress.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

what's a bonus?
Most places it is pronounced "bone-us".
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

• DigiCorn
Reply #36

It's a rack. It's a glass shelf above a wooden shelf. Open air all around.

In other news, set up PlayOn last night. Found out two things:

PlayOn does not "play on" on any Roku 2 device. BUT if you buy a lifetime premium license ($79.95) you get a free Roku LT box that WILL play PlayOn. So I went ahead and bought it, since I anticipate using it a lot. Reading the forums, ESPN3 streams great to the LT, and for college football alone, it's totally worth it (I spent more than that last year on tickets and online subscriptions to follow/stream my team). There's also a Fox soccer channel that I know my in-laws will watch when they come over. Plus, I will now have Roku in the bedroom and living room with this deal.

Going to set up Plex tonight as a backup, and then it's on to installing Navi-X.

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -Humphrey Bogart

• Farabomb
  • I have the holiday sprit
Reply #37
There are remote apps for the Roku available but the phone might have to be rooted. I found 2 for my phone but there were none for my GF's pone.  :huh:
Fbomb, Just another uncool B4 member. One of the Glorious Assholes of prepress.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

what's a bonus?
Most places it is pronounced "bone-us".
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

• DigiCorn
Reply #38
I have the android Roku remote. Used it last night. It's a bit sensitive, but works great. I also set up PlayOn for the android.

• t-pat
Reply #39

PlayOn does not "play on" on any Roku 2 device. BUT if you buy a lifetime premium license ($79.95) you get a free Roku LT box that WILL play PlayOn. So I went ahead and bought it, since I anticipate using it a lot. Reading the forums, ESPN3 streams great to the LT, and for college football alone, it's totally worth it (I spent more than that last year on tickets and online subscriptions to follow/stream my team). There's also a Fox soccer channel that I know my in-laws will watch when they come over. Plus, I will now have Roku in the bedroom and living room with this deal.

Going to set up Plex tonight as a backup, and then it's on to installing Navi-X.

stop giving me more options, I can't decide how to set stuff up already
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #40

Navi-X on Plex? Don't think it is available for Plex.

So it will play only on the Roku LT but not any Roku2? Why is that?

• DigiCorn
Reply #41

Navi-X on Plex? Don't think it is available for Plex.

So it will play only on the Roku LT but not any Roku2? Why is that?
According to PlayOn's website, there is a line in the Roku 2's firmware that prevents PlayOn from streaming properly. The folks at Roku HATE the folks at PlayOn and won't do anything to help them or cooperate in the development of their private channel, so for now it only works on lower Roku models.

Had trouble figuring out Navi-X for PlayOn and couldn't find any concrete help on the internet.

As for Navi-X on Plex, I thought I saw it was available, but on further reading, development stalled.

I can always run Navi-X off my computer, but as for Roku I might be SOL.

• Joe
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #42
Navi-X works well on XBMC but you can't use XBMC on the Roku like you can Plex. I read the same thing where the development of Navi-X for Plex is pretty much dead.

• DigiCorn
Reply #43
I just wrote one of the Navi-X guys to see what's up with PlayOn and Navi-X

• delooch
Reply #44